You can type here any text you want

Noise when foot on brake pedal...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TR

When I stop my turbo Buick and my foot is on the brake pedal (at a stop light for example) I hear a clicking type noise and also the brake pedal seems to pulsate a little. However, when I dress down harder the sound seems to lessen and often times goes away until I let up a little then it comes back.

Any thoughts on what is happening?

I know the brake system from the factory wasn't the greatest and so does this mean that my brake system is slowly starting to fail?

I had something similar happen two years ago but not sure it is the same. I don't remember a clicking sound but every once and a while when I had my foot on the brake pedal, say at a light, it would vibrate.

It turned out to be the powermaster motor running off and on when it didn't need to. My pressure switch was going bad and the motor wouldn't turn off when it reached operating pressure.

It ended up running the motor until it got so hot it popped the fuse and smelled like burning..well..burning motor.

I replaced the pressure switch (pretty inexpensive) and the motor behaved normally and the pedal vibration ceased.

Might be the same thing?????

Will

X3 motor running. Prolly the pressure switch...for now...:eek:

.....time for the HB conversion!!;)

Thanks very much for the input.

Can I find the pressure switch at any local auto parts store? Or do I need to order from a turbo buick parts vendor?

stupid question.....have you checked the fluid level? mine did something similar cause the fluid was low. added a little brake fluid and it was fine.

so does this mean that my brake system is slowly starting to fail?

No, it means you're about to experience instant, unannounced, surprise brake booster failure (hard pedal)... hope you are ready for it, and it doesn't happen at the WRONG time (murphy's law)... search 'vacuum brakes'..:wink:

Back