non supercharged 3800

daturbosix

my mom has a 98 bonniville with the standard 3800 (not supercharged) in it.....is there anything that i can do to it to get more power out of it inexpensivly? and sensors i can adjust?

nope, everything requires mony these days thats why my 99 regal GS stayed stock everything was way out priced but good luck.

turbotoyz

Im from australia and running a n/a 3800 like you there is alot you can do alot of it yourself.Half the prices below for US $

My car is a vn same engine ive fitted pacemaker extractor's and a 2 and half inch exhaust with high flow cat i did all that myself for $400 worth of part's .

I used a dremel with the right bit's and have made my throttle body bigger and also did some on the inlet manifold ( i dont want to touch the head's yet ) Cost of dremel and bits $200

I have a K&n inbox high flow filter connected upto a 4 inch cold air intake feed going to the front of the car.

Do a complete service of your car my vn on the dyno after a complete oil filter and change using the best oil i gained 10Hp on a dyno before adding other mod's so a service help's

When servicing you replace spark plug's (use a cold heat range)
Use performance lead's replace fuel filter ( EFI ? mine is efi electronic fuel injection)

Run a higher octane petrol over hear we have 93 standard and 98 for premium i wish we had 100 + on tap.

because my car is EFI i put an aftermarket chip in and that removes the revlimit / speedlimit

There is alot of little thing's you can do that all add up
all i know is i wish holden imported the 3.8 litre turbo instead of our N/a 3.8 engine.

Im converting an old turbo into a belt driven supercharger and should be able to run 13Psi after a dyno tune and fit bigger injector's etc and a metal shim headgasket all for $1000

Originally posted by turbotoyz
nope, everything requires mony these days thats why my 99 regal GS stayed stock everything was way out priced but good luck.

turbotoyz

Your kidding right?? Havent you ever heard of a pulley swap?? You can get a used one for $45-50 and they add 25-30 hp.

SCREAGAL: what part of "NON-SUPERCHARGED" that was in the opening sentence of this thread did you not understand ?. Turbota