You can type here any text you want

Non-TR Tranny Problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84GNTTYPE

I recently bought a 1991 Grand Am with a 2.3L Quad 4. Sometimes when I try to stop the car acts like the transmission is still pulling. It's the same feeling as driving a car with a manual transmission and trying to stop without using the clutch. I would appreciate any help you all could give me. Thanks!

That trans has problems with

lock up solenoids too. There is a blue or black square connector in the front of the trans. Unplug the connector and see if the problem goes away. It sounds like the lock up solenoid need replacing.

That must be what it is. I unplugged it and now everything seems to be fine. Will it hurt anything if I drive it for awhile like that before I replace the solenoid? Is that something I can get at a parts store or do I need to get it from GM?

Thanks!

I don't recommend driving too far

with the connector disconnected. It was just a test to see if the tcc solenoid was the culprit. I don't know if you'll be able to get the solenoid from a napa or not, but any trans shop should be able to get you one.

Back