You can type here any text you want

non turbo brake pedal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3.8vsix

Hi guys, I bought a TR a month or so ago and it has the vacum brake conversion. The brakes suck on this car. I have been reading on this message board and other place's. I know when you do the conversion you have to change the pedal to a non turbo regal. I look at the pedal and it is the stock pedal for the powermaster, but they drilled a hole just below the stock pin and put a bolt there and attached brake booster rod to it. My question is, should I still get a brake pedal from a non turbo regal? Is the pedal shaped differant? Thanks.

The stock pedal for a vac brake car has a pin that is spot welded to the pedal. The clevis from the booster slides over the pin and a hair pin type clip retains it. From a safety stand point I would replace it.

Also the diameter of the pins are different so you cant install the wrong pedal with the right booster and vic-a-versa. The powermaster is larger than the vacuum. I agree, there are thousands of pedals readily available at your closest salvage yard.

Eric Fisher

Who ever did the mod did a good job. They bored a hole in the pedal and stuck a bolt through the hole and welded it in place. I looks like they ground down the bolt so the booster rod can be placed on it. They also bored a hole in the bolt to place a carter pin to hold the booster rod on. Is there a differance in the shape of the two pedals? Thanks

Back