Northern NJ Cruise

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Hey all,

The Rt. 10 McDonalds/Roxbury Police/DARE cruise is on again this year. Tuesday nights. I got there at 6:30 tonight and had to park in overflow - it was jammed. There are over 500 cars registered this year and it's still pretty early in the season.

There was another GN there tonight, an '87, tuned by Dynotech. It had NOS but the guy said he never used it since installing it in 1990. Had lots of chrome and 60k miles on it. Very nice - made my car look pretty beat up by comparison. PA tags, NASTY V6. Talked to the guy, he was pretty cool.

Ran into another guy that said he had an '87 with nitrous, too. I didn't know there were so many out there with the laughing gas.

I hung out until my 2 1/2 year old son spilled a pint of milk on my driver's seat. After that, my mood had soured (pun intended). I gotta get out there and clean it lest it get stinky.

If any TR owners have the time to swing by, we could use some more representation. Rt. 10 east in Succasunna, NJ at the McDonalds. Can't miss it.

Jim

I'll try.

I'll give it a shot, as soon as I have my suspension back together I'll me making a few appearences up there. I like cruise nights, My car looks much better at night than during the day. ;)

COOL!

Hey,

I live about 10 minutes from there (Morris Plains). I get my car back from Eric @ Dynotech today. It should finally be driveable now...

Are you guys going down to E-town this weekend?

Guhan

turbojimmy- so what time does it start and end? Where do they put the overflow cars?

Is it really packed with everyone on top of you and the cars?

I'm about 20 minutes from there.... If it's really packed, perhaps we can get together on our own one day during the week... How about Stewarts Root Beer on RT 46 (in Rockaway I think) or somewhere convenient for everyone!!

jkdturbo6

Originally posted by jkdturbo6
turbojimmy- so what time does it start and end? Where do they put the overflow cars?

Is it really packed with everyone on top of you and the cars?

I'm about 20 minutes from there.... If it's really packed, perhaps we can get together on our own one day during the week... How about Stewarts Root Beer on RT 46 (in Rockaway I think) or somewhere convenient for everyone!!

jkdturbo6

It's not bad crowd-wise. They space them out nicely. If you don't get there before 6:30 it tough to get into the main part. They'll put you in the lot next to it which is really just across the street (small street between the lots, not a main drag). There's a lot of really old stuff. My GN is among the newest cars there. They turned my brother away in his 2003 WS-6 TA, but let brand new Vettes in (go figure).

Stewarts isn't bad for me (it's either Dover or Rockaway - it appears to be on the border). There's also an auto parts place on 206 in Flanders that has a gathering on Thursdays.

Jim

Jim

Thanks for the details..... unfortunately the earliest I'd be able to make it is around 7:20 - 7:45pm... which includes the travel time. Probably won't even get into the overflow lot or perhaps everyone is leaving at that time?

Perhaps some of the other guys will have an interest if Tuesday's don't work for them.... If so, I'm open to either Stewarts (slight preference to get my fix for a root beer float) or 206 Flanders as both will work for me...

Anyone else interested!?!?!?? give us your preferences and suggestions...

I'm in

If you figure out what you want to do, I'm willing to show up. I stopped by Mc D's last week but it was late and alot of poeple have left already. I was able to tank up with some GT100 from around the corner, bump up the boost a few pounds and put away a new Cobra on the way home :D