You can type here any text you want

NOS 14 bolt front cover value???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttaowner

i have a couple nos 14 bolt front covers 1 is still in the gm box what are they worth each??

i had a member pm asking me what i wanted for them and i have no clue to what they are worth?

massengineparts006.jpg

massengineparts007.jpg

The used ones are the same price as 20 bolt covers so NOS is maybe worth a few dollars more than a GM 20 bolt cover?

Thanks for cutting me a deal James. Hope you don't need any other parts identified.

charlie don't get your panties in a bunch this was postedway before you mentioned you were interested.

check the times if you think i'm b.s.ing you

still don't have a positive idea of value? bison seems to think around $200 each?

he said 6 years ago dealer pricing was $160 each of 20 bolt covers?

the box says 1994 not sure how long ago then went discontinued or what they are actually worth.
?

Ask Earl Brown. He's got the most stocked up if you want an honest opinion.

Ask Earl Brown. He's got the most stocked up if you want an honest opinion.

earl is the guy who pm'd me.he apparently has no 14 bolt covers from what he said. i told him to give me a honest price of what they were worth i have yet to hear back?

Earl's out of work and is of the invator of the timing cover mods. He's trying to put his car back together after 3 years. It was stolen and recovered. He's like I am and is trying to do the kind of mods that will help all of us. If you haven't read the second link in my sig, take a look and see what I'm doing.

4 years and one month actually! I thought I was going to here it fire off but I need to drop the tank and replace the fuel pump now.

$200 sounds awfully high. That might be their actual worth, but not what they can actually be sold for (in a reasonable amount of time anyways). The 20 bolts will work on a 14bolt block/pan, I just prefer the blunt nose on my personal builds. I used my last OEM 14bolt on my 4.1.

The value between the two I'd defiantly have to go with the 20bolt being more valuable. Of all the emails, PMs, and covers I've modified only 2 were 14 bolts.

4 years and one month actually! I thought I was going to here it fire off but I need to drop the tank and replace the fuel pump now.

$200 sounds awfully high. That might be their actual worth, but not what they can actually be sold for (in a reasonable amount of time anyways). The 20 bolts will work on a 14bolt block/pan, I just prefer the blunt nose on my personal builds. I used my last OEM 14bolt on my 4.1.

The value between the two I'd defiantly have to go with the 20bolt being more valuable. Of all the emails, PMs, and covers I've modified only 2 were 14 bolts.

Only 2? seriously? I'm suprised it isn't more than that Earl. Been following you progress and it looks good. I agree that $200 is a little steep considering that you can find them once in a while for $100 to $150 shipped or at a swap meet. I'm sure James cold do us both a decent deal if he chooses to.:confused:

Any pics of the bottom of the cover? From that view it looks like a 3.8. The seal mounts on the front of my 4.1 cover. I might be interested in one. But that is just for the cover and no oil pump right?

Back