You can type here any text you want

NOS for the Carbed turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hi Everyone, Happy Holidays

A while back, someone from the group sent me Info on a stock Turbo car that was running NOS. I think it was a 150 shot. If anyone has the info on that car again. I would appreciate it.

Has you can surmise from this message I'm going to be hitting the bottle next season. Therefore, I want to learn everyone else’s mistakes. So I would have to make has many :)

Hey Fred, Happy Holidays back at you :)
Rich sent me one on a centery (sp) using I think a 50 shot.
When I get back home on tuesday I'll see if I can find it.
Jim

Fred,
Got it in the mail today, you should see it in a few days.
Jim

Thanks Jim,

I got it in the mail yesterday. But that is helpful, but the one I'm looking for is not in that group.

I believe that Dave Green sent me a copy. Mr. Green if you out there can send me another copy please.

Hey Fred,

I have a '78 Buick Turbo coupe that I have been running with a NOS Fogger unit. I don't remember which kit it was, but it was a single fogger nozzle that I plummed into the turbo housing just ahead of the impeller, after the carb. I used smaller jets (.46 NOS?)than what came with the kit, I don't recall sizes right off the top of my head, but I can check tonight. The size jet that came with the kit was a bit too much and I was blowing the head gasket at the finish line in the quarter miile (before I had any boost retard). I would not recommend going to crazy on the HP setting of the NOS kit as a turbo can double or triple that figure bassed on the volumetric effeciency of the unit over a N/A engine. Example: a 50hp unit could put out more like 100 to 150hp with the turbo. If you want photos, I can e-mail you some as well.

Thank you, I'll take any info you can give me.

Email is

"fc227@mindspring.com"

Fred,

I was running low 14's at about 100mph (at Denver's mile high altitude). The Car would go to instant boost when the NOS hit. I was running about 14-15psi. 60' times I think were around 1.80's. I have made other mods to the engine as well: 2.5" downpipe, '84 GN headers, cam change, forged pistons, 4 angle vavle job and port and polish to the '79-up heads, cold air intake, high stall converter, 3.42:1 rear end. I also reworked the carb so the secondaries would come in a lot sooner, rejet,etc.
I will take some photos of the installation for you.

Fred,

I just sent you an email with a couple of photos, I hope they help. Also, I was just looking through some old stuff. It looks like with the NOS, I picked up about 1.5 seconds and about 9-10mph. The kit I used was part # 2505. I switched to a 41 NOS jet from the 42. Let me know if I can help.

Back