You can type here any text you want

Not a buick but still carbed tryin to go turbo...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
Maybe someone can help me.. I have access to a Saab turbo (grt cond) or a Dodge shadow turbo.. heres where im having trouble. My gn is out of commish and there is a running Cushman scooter (police scooter) around. I want to take the Saab turbo ( bc it looks grt cond) and put it on the scooter.. whats the process? is it even possible? how wouls i set it up??? off he exhaust (like the way the 00 f bodies do it) or like a 78 turbo regal? just picking someone brain... thanks in advance..

My brother is into Saabs big time and is an engineer, Ill see what he says and let you know.

I am not familiar with the scooter you are talking about, but I don't think you are going to have enough exhaust pressure to spool the turbo enough to make any boost. Hence, turbo lag in the GN's. You have to turn the turbo fast enough for the compressor to compress the air to force back into the intake or induction part of the system, depending on how it is set up. Not saying it can't be done, but I think you would need a smaller turbo than one designed for a car.

Back