RACETRONIX = DOES NOT SUPPORT THEIR PRODUCTS W/ ANYTHING TURBO BUICK

Thanks Pronto! Their forum doesn't have any threads on it from what I can see. When u say differently what do you mean exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Contact me directly on this line install and questions off line. I will fill you in on how to install the kit (as I just did it) as well as whom is capable of answering the questions and why they cannot. I ran into questions and had to figure out specific line routing that worked best by trial and error. There is also a better way of mounting the filter that allows good access against the back seat lower floor board cross member. The hardest part for me was getting the return line pulled up the front side of the engine behind the belt tensioner and having the correct "geometry" to attach to the fuel pressure regulator. I ended up putting a washer under my rail as the return 90* fitting made contact with the intake and didnt allow much room if any at all. I have heard you must have an accufab regulator to make this line kit work as well.

The Racetronix product support is up to the vendor that you purchased from. That's the agreement we have with them in order to sell their products.

Yes sir, the problem is not all of it was bought from any other vendors. As I had a few items that I purchased directly from Racetronix. And the first post is the response that I got when I tried to enroll in their support forum.

Either way, no big deal at this point as I believe I've found enough install photos to help me through the rough spots. I'm just OCD about this stuff and like to have as many references as possible before jumping into something is all. As I like to have everything work just as it should.

I am glad I researched it though. Because I had contemplated cutting / splicing the Teflon line. However, I soon discovered that doing so would screw the whole thing up as the lines are pressure tested to like 700 psi (iirc) and the common splice tools do not work right on the Teflon line! So I guess my research paid off in spades there!

Thanks for the response.

Contact me directly on this line install and questions off line. I will fill you in on how to install the kit (as I just did it) as well as whom is capable of answering the questions and why they cannot. I ran into questions and had to figure out specific line routing that worked best by trial and error. There is also a better way of mounting the filter that allows good access against the back seat lower floor board cross member. The hardest part for me was getting the return line pulled up the front side of the engine behind the belt tensioner and having the correct "geometry" to attach to the fuel pressure regulator. I ended up putting a washer under my rail as the return 90* fitting made contact with the intake and didnt allow much room if any at all. I have heard you must have an accufab regulator to make this line kit work as well.

Alright thanks! Glad I have an Accufab then!! Did you use any J Clips on yours? Well, I'll ask when talk! Thanks!!

Cutting are reassembling the line should not hurt the integrity of the line as long as it's assembled correctly.

Cutting are reassembling the line should not hurt the integrity of the line as long as it's assembled correctly.

In one of the threads that I came across, I believe it was someone from Racetronix who stated that the normal cutting / crimping procedure wouldn't work on the the Teflon Coated Lines and that you needed a special tool / process to crimp the Teflon Lines. Not 100% certain on that, however, it seems like the Racetronix guy referred the poster to the Racetronix support forum. So it was an older post I am sure.

Thanks!!

Some brands have machine crimp on fittings that can be used but all brands I've seen have fittings that can be assembled by the installer. Careful though, you must use the same brand fittings and hose. They are not all the same. Some assemble differntly.

yeaup good products HORRIBLE SUPORT AFTER THE SALE.
Even the vendors can't get help from them.
Yep what Good is it if you cannot talk with someone about covering a warranty claim.They always blamed the customer for installing wrong for a faulty product.Come on now,Its electrical.not every part is gonna work like it should 100% of the time.

we do the support on many of the products and we will help if you bought your parts directly from Racetronix as well. The filter has changed and is billet now, the fittings that connect the lines to the hangar are now quick disconnect instead of AN. more room, easier, no leaks, no twisting off the fitings. If you need help just call

we do the support on many of the products and we will help if you bought your parts directly from Racetronix as well. The filter has changed and is billet now, the fittings that connect the lines to the hangar are now quick disconnect instead of AN. more room, easier, no leaks, no twisting off the fitings. If you need help just call

Wow! That's very nice of you all Mr. Licht!

Thank you!

I am not sure that some of the parts that I have did not come from Full Throttle in the first place? As they were a gift, however, with offer like that? I can assure you that I will buy from you in the future no matter what!

I'm pretty sure these are the most recent lines though. As the filter is billet and the lines are rather odd looking (nothing like anything I've ever seen)!

Image1468586695.962483.jpg

Image1468586709.098184.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me as to how willing to share and / or how helpful everyone on this board is! And while I've been a member of nearly every jeep / off road format forum there is out there for at least 20 years now. However, I have never seen anything like the outpouring of help that can be found right here! It's absolutely astounding to me! I mean this place is a wealth of knowledge and information. And yet, words can not describe how grateful I am for it all! Thank you all!!

Here is a write up I did for another member last night asking questions, thought I would post some of the things I did for a nice install. Every car is a little different, as I mentioned in other threads I come across an issue at the rail where the 90* fitting was touching the intake and has some clearance issue. it is a nice out of the box setup, and short of shimming the rail like I did, not sure there is another solution.

hi Steve, I left the old lines in place, they dont hurt anything. Me as well did this laying on my back. It was good that you contacted me now as I was just doing some maintenance so I took some pictures. Ask questions about the pictures and their orientation.

Start from the back at the fuel pump and work the lines over the back seat frame area

Mount the filter on its side on the lower seat brace on the floor board.

Run the lines up the frame

Take the transmission linkage brace off the proportioning valve and stuff the lines behind it, then put the brace back on. It helps hold the lines back.

I zip tied the lines together at this point, used self infusing tape to hold the lines together as well as used two layers of heat tape and zip tied it to the brake lines, I wanted the fuel lines as far away as possible to the header. The self infusing tape is like silicone that provides insulation as well as a nice semi-sticky surface for the heat tape to adhere to.

I ran the lines up the front of the engine. The return comes up and beside the accessory bracket. I would take the alternator off as well as the tensioner. I havent yet found a better way other than going behind the the tensioner bracket and pinching the line in between it and the bracket. You will see the geometry how the lines come up and go to the fuel rail that there is not a better way...that I can come up with. As mentioned in my threads I had to shim up the fuel rail a tad to make room for the 90* fitting to fit under the fuel regulator.

Feed line is simple, just find a best path and run up to the rail, zip tie it down to keep away from turbo. There is a heat wrap that comes with it, make sure it is on the feed line.

Attachments

• 20160714_175742_resized.jpg
    20160714_175742_resized.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20160714_175758_resized.jpg
    20160714_175758_resized.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20160714_175835_resized.jpg
    20160714_175835_resized.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20160714_175850_resized.jpg
    20160714_175850_resized.jpg