You can type here any text you want

Not a kill but look

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostin6

Gotta Love That BOOST!
I was at one of my usual dragstrip hangouts in Union Grove, WI. I drove my Buick there but didn't race. (Fresh engine just taking it cool!!) They were extremely busy and there was a diesel truck club there with about 20 trucks. No big deal just watching the racin and I see 2 Buicks there. One 87 GN rollcage, GN-1 heads, front mount, etc. And a gorgeous 87 Black T. I watched the 87-T run at 12.20's runnin good. Then the silver Dodge Ram 3/4 ton Cummins DIESEL 4X4 pulls up to the staging lanes does a burnout and staged. The light turned green and HOLY S#@T the truck rips off a 12.80 @ 108MPH!!!!!!! My buddy was in awe just like me I've never seen a DIESEL truck run like that in my life. Thats faster than my Buick was last year!!! This truck is driven every day like this. Could you imagine rollin up to a stop light and gettin smoked by a DODGE TRUCK!!!!!!! I had no idea you could get a DIESEL to run like that with just bolt ons!!!! Most of the trucks runnin that day were in the 14's and 13's in the quarter WOW!!!!

1986 Buick Regal T-type
Dk. Blue Metallic/tan leather int.

A freind of mine has a f350 one ton dually crew cab pulling low 13's.:eek: Nothing like seeing a 6000 lb truck screaming down the track. Told him I'd take my limited & hook up bumper to bumper with & pull him around if he wanted, he got a good laugh out of it.

87 limited astroroof, 50 MSD, strechted IC, biggie cold air kit, SMC alky kit, 206 cam, champion heads w/ port matches intake, 1.55 roller rockers, 8 position caspers TW chip, 3" TH down pipe, RJC powerplate

Maybe I should buy a Turbo Diesel truck. That way if the Buick breaks on me I can still kick some a## on the street.!!!!!!!!!!!

10-4 fast Diesel trucks.

Saw a video of a Duramax doing 12.1 :eek:

Lord help us...:cool:

Originally posted by Captain Mark
I'll bet they all had a propane setup.

LOL.... Guess propane works..:p

I also believe the one in the video had NOS as well as propane.

Paul Svinicki did a F-250 with the Power Stroke diesel a while back.Without touching the motor they got 600hp and 1400 lbs of torque out of it.The mods were a bigger turbo,downpipe,exhaust,chip and propane injection.Thats enough power to pull your house off the foundation!:eek: :eek:

They should line these trucks up at the track with their trailers hooked up and a car on it. See how quick they could run the 1/4 then. Probably not much slower!

Back