Not sure about this Oil Cooler

dougf

So long story but the GN I purchased had spun a bearing in the original motor. It has another 109 stock block in it now that I'm tinkering with.

I started pulling apart the original block to clean it up and store it and noticed it has some upgraded parts on it. One being a solid double roller timing chain. I'll put the timing chain on the new motor in the near future.

I did see this oil cooler on the original block though and I'm not familiar with it. I've dug through the forums and googled the part number and not much info comes up. Am I missing something with it? Anyone familiar with it? Is it any good?

I've added a pic for reference.

Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7493.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7493.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 47
how good is your throwing arm?
If you can't hit the middle of the lake from where you're standing walk over to your trashcan put it there.
Oil cooler is not needed, even more so if it spun a bearing, you can't clean all the small fragments out. fresh oil and new bearings you will hurt a new engine so fast.

I figured as much. I've spoken to a few people and they all say the oil cooler is useless for these cars. Garbage it is!

Thanks

I figured as much. I've spoken to a few people and they all say the oil cooler is useless for these cars. Garbage it is!

Thanks
One being a solid double roller timing chain. I'll put the timing chain on the new motor in the near future.
Used parts on your fresh engine???