You can type here any text you want

Not to flog a dead horse, but questions about an aluminum radiator.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

70 gsconvt

Hi, I got my 82 Regal that is a race only car. I'm putting a @525hp 462 engine in it. I have been reading the threads here about various radiators and fans, tranny coolers, etc.

I have a stock style 31x19 fan and I know it fits well up front. I was looking at the f-body Autozone replacement aluminum radiator (from 1990 IROC #433918 I believe). Seems like a great deal at $117, but is only 26" wide. I can get a Summit universal 31x19 for $179. Are there any others for less than the $179 that are 31" wide that could be had at Autozone/NAPA?

I was also going to get the dual fans from a Dodge/Chrysler Intrepid/Concorde/300M/LHS. After many calls, it seems that there is one from 98-99, and one from 2000-2004. What is the dimension of the shroud of these fans? Is one better than the other? I have also seen a dual fan on ebay that is supposed to be from a Land Rover and/or Jeep that pulls over 4000 cfm. Here is the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual...33600QQitemZ8020957258QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Anyone ever seen or tried it? Will I have to fab up brackets to make it fit?

I will be using a separate 11x11x1.5 transmission cooler, so radiator does not need to have a trans cooler in it. Also do not need an oil cooler.

Looking for opinions before I plunk down the $$$$$$$. Thanks.

Never mind on this stuff guys. I scored at the local bone yard.

I went in and asked for the stuff and they had both :eek: .

I got an aluminum radiator from a 1991 IROC in great shape and the fans from a 2001 Intrepid for $60. I snapped the fans in the radiator and they fit great. Just have to trim off the factory mounting tabs, fab up a new mounting strap of some kind to be sure it doesn't go anywhere and wire it up.

Sound like a real self-sufficent guy...cool were able to locate stuff so soon & easily. Good luck with fab'ing it up, but you'll have done way before season starts again.
You've got that GS pretty quick, for a convert too!
The BOP's were/are the step-children of muscle cars...but the Stage 1's kicked every one's butt. Must be cool to have top down on a luxury-liner,
good music, Starbucks in one hand & blowing Corvetts away with other :D
Good luck with cooling issue.....Ray

Back