You can type here any text you want

Not yet a kill

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by 93TY#0475
here you go....you should take a ride in a good running one sometime...not that easy to find though cause they're pretty rare...ask for a boost launch and make sure you didn't eat a meal within the last hour or you might lose it....

http://www.whitetyphoon.com/shiny_engine_bay.html

:cool:
dam thats pretty now i really want one, what does she do in the 1/4. all i see at my track is ls1s mustangs and rice. to bad gns sy tys, are getting rare, you never see these cars at the track anymore, guys who have them if there clean dont race them, they are just another collector car now. last time i went to the track i was the only gn out of 200 cars, now thats sad. people treated me like i was some kind of star, and my car only runs 13 1s stock. well i guess i cant blame them theres nothing like a turbo buick spooling at the tree, gives me a real rush.

Originally posted by gn4life
I only know of a couple of 10 sec truly streetable lightings and one is the Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine white project truck (The Fridge). Those guys our ford wizards and even they marveled at this accomplishment of a barely 10sec street truck (heavily mobbed with slicks=10.9 something). So if it's white and it has slicks be careful!!!

My buddy Mike James has a TOTALLY streetable 9 second lightning. It's a 93 and he knocked down a 9.80, bolted his street tires back on, put the baby seat back inside, and drove home...:eek:

This reminds me and I hope no one minds me adding this.....
Yesterday I was at Barnes and Noble's and seen the new Hot Rod (I think it was Hot Rod anyways). There was a guy with a totally stock appearing Silverado down to the factory tires and wheels, that runs tens!!!
:eek: He swapped in a 6L engine and did some basic stuff to the engine itself, then added a large turbo and a small nitrous shot.
What a sleeper!
If any of you get a chance check it out.

Im lending a friend my trailer so he can go to some big Lightning meet next weekend. The last time he went to the dyno it made over 600 RWHP ;) This is no stock block,crank and rods truck and knowing him it will make well over 650 to the tire:eek: He told me the stock rods break like glass at around the 500 hp range:eek: I know he should make it well into the 10,s but its far from stock ;)

Guy in Norfolk has one running low 11's at around 120.

around 600rwhp, built short block with a KB supercharger pushing 17.5 psi boost.

Originally posted by Wasted Income
My buddy Mike James has a TOTALLY streetable 9 second lightning. It's a 93 and he knocked down a 9.80, bolted his street tires back on, put the baby seat back inside, and drove home...:eek:

My fault, I meant the newer supercharged svt ones, they are almost a completely diff thruck then the 93. But the 93 is alot slower, stock, so your buddy mike must have hella work down to that truck. And if that is the stock 93 lighting block, i'm even more impressed, if not then, I don't really consider it a lighting at all

I posted this info about the Silverado in the lounge, thanks for the link Wasted Income

Wont they have that new deal that chills th ic using the air conditioner's cooling gas? It will be driver triggered. Maybe an ac chiller will be made for TR community one day.

there is a guy in our car club with a lightning that runs low 11s and he has way more then a chip. Its not possible to make that much of a difference with a chip is it. If it is where are the ones for the turbo regals? just my 2 cents Dun

Back