odd 1/8 mile time from today

TurboToy

4PLAYN
went up to a ghetto track for some new times on 70mm throttlebody before i change turbos. 1st pass out of the box learned went up in smoke (track prep sucked) so launched 0 boost went 8.0's at 99mph thought that was kinda cool. before i was goin 6.98 at 101 with 6-10lb launch.

rt .524
60 2.2868
330 5.7285
1/8 8.01
mph 98.1

By Ghetto track, do you mean THE ghetto track, Yellow Belly?

I remember running 7.30's at Kennedale on Saturday, going to YB the next Sunday and running 8 teens with no changes.

no witcha falls. the start line was all cut up build any boost and try to hit and spin city there was some vettes there running 9's and even they were spining

no witcha falls. the start line was all cut up build any boost and try to hit and spin city there was some vettes there running 9's and even they were spining

Wichita Falls has worse traction than Yellow Belly.

We called it "Gravelrama".

In order of crap tracks in North Texas, I'd put WF on top, Cedar Creek 2nd and yellow belly a close 3rd.

Yellow Belly should by all rights be the worse track in North Texas, with the drinking, the stabbings and the shooting, but at least its fun.

The other two, not so much.

Man, Norwalk and Dragway 42 in Ohio try to market as fun family events. You Texans have fun in a BIG way!!!!:biggrin:

Man, Norwalk and Dragway 42 in Ohio try to market as fun family events. You Texans have fun in a BIG way!!!!:biggrin:

Yellow belly is about Pimps, ho's, 40's and a crowd of a couple hundred fine, upstanding citizens betting on the races.

Safety isn't a high priority, either. I've personally witnessed a Camaro pull the wheels 3 feet and carry them 50 (their posse prepped the track for the run) with neither the driver, nor the passenger wearing helmets or even their seat belts.

The Race track itself is a paved railroad siding that goes between two covered loading docks (the pits). The track is so crowned that when motorcycles race, they have to fight for the centerline and the trailing bike will practically draft the leading bike.

Its a good thing the racing starts early afternoon, because you don't want to be there after dark.