Odd Turbo set up..

He posts at cz28.com

Advantages are that the engine bay temps are lower, easy install, and easy to work under the hood still. Also, the long intake pipe acts as a sort of intercooler. I think he's trapping 14mph faster.

Lag isn't an issue, he claims it is spooled by 3000rpm. I helped a buddy install a front mount for his supra over the weekend, when you laid out all the pipes in the kit it could stretch from front to rear of the car, so i don't think this kit is all that bad.

I've gotta think the oil return is handled by a separate scavenger pump. But how is that pump driven I wonder... Part of lag is preturbine pipe volume, and I would think this is worse than it otherwsie would be, but if says it spools good, then more power to him! Looks pretty creative.

John

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And I thought I had a lot of turbo lag!!! i think the time spent spooling up the turbo would require a calender! but very good speeper look, i like the idea, but the way it was done. but what if they would have put the turbo right at the end of the headres? thats shorter pipes and you still dont' see it. thats an idea....

Again, he claims that spool is full boost by 3000rpm through stock cast manifolds.

Oil is through an electirc return pump.

I know the question has been asked before, and the people have been shot down. Kinda cool to see someone trying new things.

I'd be too scared that something came up and hit the turbo and/or oil line unless that car is track only