You can type here any text you want

oddball stage 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tweeked6

Tsm RRA
Staff member
I have a 4.1 stage 2 block that is possibly a real one of a kind piece. It is a 0016 block but is only has a bore of 3.806 (measured before I bought it). It has no damage, no sleaves and looks like it has all the mods shown in the powersource book. It has the siamesed bores so it is not a mis-stamped 3.8 I would guess. It does have cast front and rear caps so it is cast before 85. It has 10 and 83 on the sides in the mold when they cast it and a star on it. I have not had it sonic checked, but the bottom of the bore is very very thick. What is with this and really how rare is it? What type of racing would this block have been used for in the past? This seems to good to be true....what a dream block!
Thanks for the help.

I heard some racing teams ordered them that way. They are out there. I have passed up buying a few of them over the years.

Nice block BTW.

I will have the block sonic checked before I commit to building, but is it possible that it has .300 or more thick cylinder walls? Ted A. thanks for the comments/help. Have you ever seen a sonic check sheet on one of the other blocks? This block with the thick bores should be as stable as it gets right? I planned on running the block as a 3.8 bore with TA heads unless there is a hidden bad in running that thick of a bore. Head gaskets might be an issue???

block

not rare, not one of a kind, and i sure would have it sonic tested, some off center blocks had core shift, i found out the hard way,:)

Odell,

You might have seen this block before, I bought this through a common friend of you and I about 2 years ago.

Odell,

You might have seen this block before, I bought this through a common friend of you and I about 2 years ago.

Hey OC, this the block that Jason bought from you for a customer of his with a Turbo Trans Am. They guy got into some financial trouble and asked Jason to sell it for him and Paul bought it. So this actually a block that you had in your hands, one of........................many :cool:

HTH
Prasad

Thanks Prasad. I think it is just time I build this thing don't you? Right now I am looking into buying a sonic check tool to check bores of blocks. :D

Thanks Prasad. I think it is just time I build this thing don't you? Right now I am looking into buying a sonic check tool to check bores of blocks. :D

I think so, you are a very capable person and I know you will build it right .Just take your time.

Prasad

Back