You can type here any text you want

OE replacement springs HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vader6

Turbo Buick enthusiast
I am lost in the myriad of replacement springs. I am rebuilding my frt suspension on the 86 GN. Going all stock, rubber bushings, AC Delco ball joints, etc. I need springs. I am running 16" GNX wheels with 245-50-16 tires. I know Kirban's wants to sell you his springs and his ad states you need the 87 springs to run the GNX wheels. So, what is the moog stock spring for the 87 model? Or do I want something else?? I want no compromise on ride quality and this is a street car only. Thanks!!

The kirbans springs are a stock replacement spring for both the '86 and '87.
The '86's sat just a shade lower than the '87, but guys run GNX 16's on their '86's without problems.
If you are concerned with ride quality and stance, I have the springs off my '86 GN.
I took delivery of my car in July '86, removed the front and rear springs in April of '88 at less than 15k mi. to install some ATR performance springs for a stiffer ride. Thay have sat on the shelf unloaded for 29 yrs and are like new except for a few spots of factory undercoating on them.
I was thinking $175 (for a matched set of 4) shipped in the US as friends and family.
You can PM me for photos if interested.

Cheers,
George

Back