You can type here any text you want

Off buick .got 98 fat boy cam install?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

Took off timing cover and cam out sooo can i install it back cause am having an issues putting it back.anyhelp what would be appreciated thank you in advance

Your kidding! :eek: You pulled the cam without removing the valve train. Is this a joke?

The cam can't come out without pulling the lifters, it would definitely stop at the cam bearing journals.

No its a friends bike he said he took the cover off to for some reason and the cam fell out. So what are his options .said something about having to get adjustable pushrods and cutting the old ones . but is there aanother optons?

Cool! Your friend has a Turbo Buick in a bike! How innovative.

No its a friends bike he said he took the cover off to for some reason and the cam fell out. So what are his options .said something about having to get adjustable pushrods and cutting the old ones . but is there aanother optons?

Guessing this is an EVO motor since it's single cam?...you have to pull the heads or do just what your friend mentioned, cut the stock push rods out and replace with aftermarket adjustable, lots of videos out there on how to do this. Since he's in there might as well upgrade the cam.

Yes thats what i told him to pull the heads though i never worked on i bike before .thats why i posted i know thete are alot of us that have bikes and work on them and love to do it our self just like our buicks .and it never fails .this site has alot of us that do .and have time to help.and thanks again .so out of the 2 options which one would be the least expensive and if he goes the pulling the heads is there a valve adjustment a valve adjustment or just torque them down ?

Took off timing cover and cam out sooo can i install it back cause am having an issues putting it back.anyhelp what would be appreciated thank you in advance

Why is this posted in the Buick Tech forum?? Moved to Lounge.

Back