You can type here any text you want

Off-center Stage I 3.8 shortblock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

StageII86

Stage I 3.8 off-center shortblock.

I bought this a few years ago and it was sold to me as being "brand-new, freshly machined/assembled from Duttweiler." I stored it for awhile (in my office closet) and brought it out a few months ago. Not remembering EXACTLY what I had, I pulled it apart and had my machinist go through it and check all of the clearances to make sure the machine work was correct. I have way too many LS1 projects going right now so I'm selling my dream Buick motor...

This is what I have:

Off-Center Stage I 3.8 block (2-bolt)
Decks drilled and tapped for 14-bolt heads
What looks to be a BMS 3.625" crank (dont know who ground it)
Carillo 6.5" H-beam rods
Custom CP 3.830" pistons with CP plasma-moly rings
All new Clevite 77 main, rod, and cam bearings
Billet Center main caps with the "6" lol
ARP studs in the center mains
Stock caps and bolts on the front/rear

The machine work is really nice, however all the mains came out to .0030," give or take .0001." The rods are at ~.0025." I imagine it was built for an aggressive application as most do not typically run quite that loose if i remember right. Wall clearance was specd exactly as per the piston info. I can measure the ring gaps as well. Think I have some bobweight cards as well.

I have a couple of oil pans (with returns), a new Dutt oiling system, a JW "wheel," and a few other misc. components I can dig up for this build. I think I have about everything but a balancer, but I will have to go through all of my stuff. I also intend to take some pics if someone gets seriously interested.

Motor is currently dissassembled, and I can sell it either way--I DO NOT WANT TO PART ANY OF IT OUT.

Im not sure what this stuff is going for these days, and I am obo on my prices.

Asking $4650 assembled or $4200 for it as is. Visa/MC accepted. I'm not on the forums often; I can be reached by calling 214-674-0141.

Thanks,

John

49-blues said:
Any idea what it works out to be in cubic inches? 260-270 CU IN?

3.830" bore and 3.625" stroke works out to 251ci....

Back