Official 2011 Southern Buick Shootout TSM Results

V6RACER

The true 8 Second 109!
First of all, I have to thank Cal & Holly for putting on this event in short order after the changes to the Buick racing schedule in 2011. The weather was beautiful and lots of sunshine. The track got better with every pass as well.

There was a great turnout in TSM with 8 cars qualifying and going for the biggest payout ever in TSM.

Official Qualifying Order

1. Jason White 9.052 @ 148.17
2. Adam Calcote 9.522 @ 141.37
3. Randy Alexander 9.557 @ 141.50
4. Richie Balcom 9.832 @ 139.83
5. John Snyder 9.957 @ 133.74
6. Sean Hayes 10.152 @ 133.39
7. Jack Dilorenzo 10.390 @ 133.39
8. Jim Bennett 12.119 @ 108.00

Round One

Round one paired up in the following order:

(4)Richie Balcom vs (5)John Snyder - Richie gets the better R/T .148 to John's .426 with Richie running it out just enough to get the win with a 10.579 @ 110.55 to John's 10.873 @ 133.38.

(2)Adam Calcote vs (7)Jack "JD" Dilorenzo - The two best talkers at the event :) JD gets out on Adam with a .448 R/T to Adam's ham sandwich making .834 R/T. Adam runs JD down with a 9.958 @ 117.48 to JD's 10.411 @ 133.72. Adam thought he was out of the woods with his Cruz missle bullet under the hood but failed to see that there was another Cruz missle under JD's hood so he had to get back into it at the end to secure the win with JD's charge out the back.

(3)Randy Alexander vs (6)Sean Hayes - Sean had transmission issues on friday after qualifying. After an all evening transmission tear down and rebuild in the pits he decided to save it for the TSR and THS classes. Randy gets a broke by and just had a Saturday drive down the track to move into the next round.

(1)Jason White vs (8)Jim Bennett - Jim Bennett brought his car and fell victim to the great track prep and had a rear end let go during test and tune so he wasn't able to make the call for Round One. Jason gets a broke bye and runs 9.983 @ 133.26 to secure lane choice in Round Two.

Round Two

Round Two got the racers heated up as the competition started to build up.

(1)Jason White vs (4) Richie "Hi Psi" Balcom - Richie making his return to TSM after a long break and messing with some V8 stuff only to come back to the V6 world. Richie made some changes to his car after qualifying 4th during the day Friday including changing turbos. He ended up running faster by four tenths Friday night so he was locked and loaded. Both Jason and Richie staged up and let the two steps start up to get ready to launch. Jason gets a .081 R/T to get the jump on Richie's .323 R/T. Both cars run well with Jason running 9.361 @ 134.52 to Richies 9.823 @ 142.84.

(2)Adam Calcote vs (3)Randy Alexander - This was the race to watch. Two Pine Tree Posse members from South Mississippi going head to head. Both cars get into the boost and start the staging process when Randy's car lurches forward through the lights so he was red lit while Adam runs a 12.026 @ 93.53 on his way to the Final $$$ Round.

Final Round

(1)Jason White vs (2)Adam Calcote - Perfect ladder situation with #1 and #2 qualifiers meeting head to head in the finals. Adam comes to Reynolds, GA after taking a year off from TSM to make babies and chase white tails through the woods. He decided to bring his 87 Buick GN back out to show how well his Don Cruz built hydraulic roller 109 can run. He comes into this race and shows how it's done with a #2 qualifying spot after not racing in over a year. He has his hands full going up against Jason White with another Don Cruz built hydraulic 109 bullet. The smack talk gets deep as the two cars line up in the staging lanes and the drivers suit up and strap into their cars. The cars start up the crowd gathers as both cars do their burnouts. Courtesy staging by both drivers as they get their boosted V6 engines ready to launch. Adam trees Jason with a .103 R/T to Jason's .145 R/T. Adam says to himself I got him as he sees the big wheelie in the next lane. Jason has to peddle it as the car rides out a bumper dragging wheelie on his way to a 9.122 @ 148.17 pass to beat Adam's 9.579 @ 140.56.

Special Thanks to the Champion Racing Heads, Alexander's Auto, and JW Racing for the payouts in TSM, The Hartline's for making this event happen for the racers, and Clint for making sure the races went smooth and every racer was having fun doing what we love to do.

1/2 a second and 8 mph faster..... not much of a competition there. congrats

Thanks for posting results Jason.

It was a great weekend of racing, we had fun the whole time. The racing couldn't have been any better! I will sit down and get a couple of thanks post and some more smack talking later when I get a chance!!!

Thanks to Jason and the other sponsors for a very nice payout for second place, and yes for about a half a second I thought that's right put it on the bumper while I head for the finish line :p

I know i'm from the country ,but huh?

(2)Adam Calcote vs (7)Jack "JD" Dilorenzo - The two best talkers at the event JD gets out on Adam with a .448 R/T to Adam's ham sandwich making .834 R/T. Adam runs JD down with a 9.958 @ 117.48 to JD's 10.411 @ 133.72. Adam thought he was out of the woods with his Cruz missle bullet under the hood but failed to see that there was another Cruz missle under JD's hood so he had to get back into it at the end to secure the win with JD's charge out the back.

SEE!!!!

(2)Adam Calcote vs (7)Jack "JD" Dilorenzo - The two best talkers at the event JD gets out on Adam with a .448 R/T to Adam's ham sandwich making .834 R/T. Adam runs JD down with a 9.958 @ 117.48 to JD's 10.411 @ 133.72. Adam thought he was out of the woods with his Cruz missle bullet under the hood but failed to see that there was another Cruz missle under JD's hood so he had to get back into it at the end to secure the win with JD's charge out the back.

SEE!!!!

I'm just glad to be the best at something with JD :p

and for the record, I was playing with my Ipod AND making a ham sammich !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!