Officially read myself stupid, lol.

Project TNX

I have read too much, about too many combo's, too many times. 3225 that,TA49 this, alcohol this, propane that, 42.5lb this, 60lb that, duttweiler neck this, stretch mount that, it never ends.

I need to just back away from the computer and remember what combo I was ACTUALLY going with. :tongue:

I'm pretty sure I am zipping it up with this:

Stock Turbo
30 lb injectors
3" gbody downpipe & testpipe
hooker duals
204/214 cam
alcohol kit
stock intercooler :(

Then my next upgrades will be:

stretched stock location intercooler
TA49 or 3225 or 61 series or ??????
42.5 injectors
call it a day for a while :D

I'm pretty sure I am zipping it up with this:

Stock Turbo
30 lb injectors
3" gbody downpipe & testpipe
hooker duals
204/214 cam
alcohol kit
stock intercooler :(

Then my next upgrades will be:

stretched stock location intercooler
TA49 or 3225 or 61 series or ??????
42.5 injectors
call it a day for a while :D

Looks good- I'd change the following:

Injectors- Mototron 60s
Chip- Turbotweak
Cam- stock (no need to change unless you're having issues)
Valve springs
Mufflers- cheap weld in ultraflos
Turbo- TA49. Great turbo. Save up some coin, and when you next upgrade the turbo, get a converter that will spool/match it.
Alky- YES!
conical air filter
hard MAF pipe
Scanmaster

Remember, it doesn't take a ton of cash to wake these cars up- the problem is the addiction that WILL take over your life the very first time you smack down some unsuspecting V-8 with that lil' ol' V-6......

I forgot I have the Pats 2800 stall, valve springs, K&N and MAF pipe. I will have to get a Turbotweak chip burned in about 3 weeks for whatever first combo I am running, which is what is complicating things. Spend the $450.00-800 per item now and be done with it, or buy a few at a time and have to continue buying new chips. :(

I guess the 60's are the one everyone is going with these days, which is fine with me as long as they are as streetable as the lower ones.

The 60s are definitely the hot ticket if you want great driveability and fuel delivery. I believe Eric will re-burn for a combo chang for either a small fee or no fee- email him for specifics.

Speaking of fuel delivery, a 340 and hotwire is mandatory.

These $$ on the parts I listed add up to about 2k (at retail) for all- and you should see low 12s/high 11s with traction- and you still have a 100% streetable, comfortable car.

Again, these cars respond to small changes and good tuning, so it's not necessary to throw tons of parts at them to make them perform. What you should do is map out what your performance goal is, then build your combo to attain that goal. Factor in stuff like:

*Do you want to install a rollbar/cage (11.49 and faster per NHRA)
*Stock appearing or not?
*How fast do you want to go (realistically)?

Bottom line- it's your car, so enjoy it.

The 60s are definitely the hot ticket if you want great driveability and fuel delivery. I believe Eric will re-burn for a combo chang for either a small fee or no fee- email him for specifics.

Speaking of fuel delivery, a 340 and hotwire is mandatory.

These $$ on the parts I listed add up to about 2k (at retail) for all- and you should see low 12s/high 11s with traction- and you still have a 100% streetable, comfortable car.

Again, these cars respond to small changes and good tuning, so it's not necessary to throw tons of parts at them to make them perform. What you should do is map out what your performance goal is, then build your combo to attain that goal. Factor in stuff like:

*Do you want to install a rollbar/cage (11.49 and faster per NHRA)
*Stock appearing or not?
*How fast do you want to go (realistically)?

Bottom line- it's your car, so enjoy it.

I never list the fuel pieces because they are a must have, and I just consider every has them these days. :D

Stock appearing is a must, even though my downpipe does not look stock, at all. I will never cage it, and high 11's are my end goal, no desire to go quicker and totally lose my streetability.

Really I am down to just upgrading the turbo, I/C, injectors, and I have to buy the alky kit in the next month. I really really want to get the gbody stretched I/C before I start running the car, but it boils down to that or the alky kit and I am getting the alky kit first. This bad weather threw me for a curve, but I should be dropping off all my parts this Saturday for powder coat and a ceramic coating on my exhaust. Once I get that back I will take a week vacation and install the whole conversion package in my 84, upholster the interior (the custom burgandy/grey GNesque seat are due in this week), send it to paint and I will finally have my dream T up and running by late March.

If I can sweet talk my wife into not killing me, I will get the I/C too, lol.