You can type here any text you want

offset lifter dilemma, stage 1 block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Looking for offset roller lifters with shielded oiling, anyone have any suggestions to find such a lifter. I run crower lifters now but they are not offset. What could trouble could i run into, using non -offset llifters on the stage 2 heads?

How far off are the pushrods with centered lifters? I am running stage 2 offset isky lifters (.090 I think) with GN1 heads with an on center. They work perfect. With an off center engine, I would think the offset is not needed. The pushrod holes in the Stage 2 heads are generous, I would think a heavy wall 3/8" pushrod would have plenty of room even if it has to be slightly slanted.

They look crooked slighty , and the set-up I'm using is the ball and cup design. I'm not sure if off center or on center would make a difference. I can;t run the isky's at all since its a stage 1 motor and the oil gallery intersects the lifter bore as in a 109 block.

The on center engine has the heads shifted .125, so the lifter bores are offset, requiring the offset lifters. I was just saying the centered Crower lifters might work fine. There aren't a whole lot of options with shielded lifters.

I think I can make normal lifters work, The pushrod holes are close, but should not rub. Crower makes a shield .180 offset lifter, but I think .180 is too much?

Can someone tell me the offset needed in a stage 2 on center block, I am getting conflicting information from people. DO they have to be L+R offset or just the intake or exhaust?

thanks

Can someone tell me the offset needed in a stage 2 on center block, I am getting conflicting information from people. DO they have to be L+R offset or just the intake or exhaust?

thanks
Mine are both Left offset for On-Center block.

Allan G.

Norbs, the last complete nascar engine i bought last winter, ruggles built it and it had dino, time only
on center, when i removed the intake it had no offset lifters,the offcenter stage headed
engine i have in my car now has no offset lifters, im not saying you dont need them,
i have used offset lifters before, good luck oc,

Norbs, the last complete nascar engine i bought last winter, ruggles built it and it had dino, time only
on center, when i removed the intake it had no offset lifters,the offcenter stage headed
engine i have in my car now has no offset lifters, im not saying you dont need them,
i have used offset lifters before, good luck oc,
I would say that I could have used no offset as well.
Allan G.

Back