You can type here any text you want

Oh well

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Re: How'd you do that 500rwhp bone stock?

Originally posted by DeltaT
WS6 420 - Just curious how you possibly got 500rwhp out of your car by tuning? Or does 'bone stock' not mean what I think it does?

Jim

Jim -

I am always very careful to use the phrase "bone stock motor'ed", as the car is (was :( ) just that. The motor its'self was the same as when it left the assembly line in St. Therese. The rest of the car was far from stock. I had every bolt on you could buy for the LS1, a few homemade tricks, and a custom designed nitrous wet kit. The kit went through a number of different evolutions, and was in the process of getting significantly improved again when the car was stolen. :(

My point to all of it is, there is much more to nitrous than "throwing a kit on a car", as some would have you believe. I reached the numbers I did as a result of careful tuning, and a lot of hard work. :)

- Matt

Gotcha, thanks.

Power is power - no matter how you get it. To dismiss nitrous as somehow cheating is absurd - who crossed the finish line first is what matters.

I would think that the turbo community would embrace nitrous since they go so well together.

Jim

Back