You can type here any text you want

Oil Catch Can / Pre-Install Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wiseman

Hello,
I am getting ready to install a catch can on the PCV side and a RJC PCV. Should the RJC PCV be installed inline between the stock PCV and catch can or inline between the catch can and throttle body?

You want the check valve in the pcv to operate to keep pressurized air out of the can as well because most arent completely sealed which the system has to stay sealed to atmosphere so you arent pulling unmetered air into the engine or creating a boost leak in the can.

What about the catch can? Shouldnt the check valve protect the catch can from being pressurized also? So the check valve would be between the catch can and throttle body?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok, so I will install the rjc pcv between the catch can and throttle body.

Now, the check valve didn't come with instructions, which way should it be installed? With the barb towards the catch or towards the throttle body? There is an arrow Indictor in the pic, see below

BLOW IN EACH END AND WHICH EVER SIDE RESTRICTS FLOW GOES TOWARD THE THROTTLE BODY

sorry for caps

Ops sorry, forgot to upload the pic . Here you go:
product_photo-large_image-243043.jpg

Thanks T-Type Tim. I emailed Jason at RJC. He said the valve opens up at about 1/2 lb of vacuum. I will put some compressed air n it to verify when I get home.

Make sure it doesn't take a lot of cracking pressure to get it to flow. If it presents a restriction to the PCV line it can screw with your BLMs

Last edited:
I will definitely check the blm's when I get her up and running soon. Thanks

I just wanted to share some pics......I am not sure how everyone else puts this valve inline, but it seems awkward just sliding a tube over the check valve body. I went to the parts store and picked up a barbed fitting to add to the other end, so that I can keep a continuous hose diameter and for added ease of installation.

Attachments

• 1391102619002.jpg
    1391102619002.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 1391102665850.jpg
    1391102665850.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 247
I will add Teflon tape the threaded end of the new fitting later today

Yes I dont think you planned on using two pcv valves but only use the rjc valve and a open barb in the intake

Back