You can type here any text you want

Oil coming out of valve cover breather on drivers side?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LEGACY_GN

When the engine is just idleing their is oil dripping from the vertical valve cover breather, which I have in place of the oil fill cap. What could cause oil to be blown out of the breather just idleing?

Every once in a blue moon smoke will come from exhaust when I'm at a light, but rarely and only for a few minutes. No smoke from breather, just oil. And while idleing, not under boost or anything.

Even so...

Has check valve.

that may be the problem. The check is "supposed to" allow the pcv to pull vac on the crankcase at any time the engine is not in boost. If it's not, it and/or the pcv can be the problem. An incorrectly calibrated pcv valve can also cause this to happen.
Have you done a leakdown, a compression check?
What do the plugs look like?
How many miles on this engine?
What has been done to it internally?

I did not like the earlier check valve that was out their.It would not open with light vacuum.:rolleyes:I am going to try the RJC valve in the spring.Good luck.:D

Kevin

Motor was new factory replacement block in 1992 and has about 30,000 miles on it, but had a wiped cam lobe two years ago and rebuilt it without pulling the pistons because the walls looked good and it had 160 lbs of compression, so just replaced bearings. That was 20,000 miles ago. My only theory is valve stem guide or seal is allowing pressure to come up into the valve cover.

Someone told me that if I use a regular PCV valve I'll suck oil into motor and blow smoke. Running 27lbs. of boost with alky.

Back