You can type here any text you want

Oil Cooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi!

What is the biggest oil cooler that we can have in our TTA:s ?

I have been looking at B&M Supercooler, are they any good ? Is it necessary to buy one with fan included ?

Daniel

Yeah, sorry...

I forgot to write tranny cooler :) As I only have stock transmission without cooler... it wont last long if I going to track often (wich I dont have done this year...)

Daniel

Mine is about 2/3 of the size of Lunkans (cooler that is ;) )

Defenitly a good idea to get one even if you don't race, tranny will last longer for sure.

The B&M is a great unit, much more durable than the other fin/tube (non-plate) type design. I've had rocks hit mine and it still doesn't leak.

For the TTA, the real issue is getting air into the thing. I've seen a few installs with a fan. The wiring can be a minor annoyance. There is a post on this forum in the General Tubo Buick Tech from about 2 weeks ago with someone asking how to wire a fan using a relay. You might want to reference those directions.

If you have money to waste, B&M makes a unit with a fan. Last time I looked it was around $200+ at Summit. Not sure if that also included the relay wiring kit, but Painless makes a nice one for that.

i was thinking of mounting mine in front of radiator on the side of the low speed fan ( think it's the driver's side). my thinking is that since this fan runs most of the time it would help pull air through the trans cooler. am i wrong on this? would it be better to run two smaller units together? i really don't want to add any more load to the electrical system on the car.

Back