You can type here any text you want

Oil cooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
put a oil temp gauge on your car, and run it with the cooler, then without.

you tell me what happens.

ive taken oil coolers off ALL my TRs and they have been just fine.

This was my experience also. Oil temp sender in the pan. Temps rose about 10-15 degrees without the cooler. Never over 210. I think a good cooling system helps also. The block walls are cooled, the oil also gets cooled as it splashes the block walls.

Lots of guys have said we NEED the oil cooler, none of them have oil temp gauges.

Mark E.

Ok if you remove it what do you replace it with? And what filter do you then use?

Yep, AND very little oil can even pass through the cooler. The by-pass opens at next to nothing in pressure differential. (deltaP) Also one VERY likely place for an oil leak, hose failure, ect. First time you drive over 3 qts of oil at the track, you'll wish you had left the cooler off. Just sayin'. To each his own. Do as stated and run a temp gauge and see what happens.

If the bypass did not open on the adapter (not talking about the front cover) then filtered oil would run thru the cooler?

Back