You can type here any text you want

Oil feed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnxtc2

Staff member
The on-center Stage and TA blocks have female 1/2 NPT threads on the top front of the block for the oil feed. 1/2 NPT= -8AN hose.

My question feeding the block with a -10AN or -12AN is worthless because it all has to go through the 1/2NPT provision? Right???

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I;m feeding my stage 1 block with a 3/8 npt with a fitting to -10 Drill the fitting internally a bit to make it bigger so 1/2 npt is way bigger so i don't see whats the issue?

This is the old "pipe vs tubing" thing :-). Pipe is sized kind of by a nominal ID that fixes the OD, but then the ID varies with wall thickness, while tubing is sized by OD. 1/2" schedule 80 pipe is .546" nominal ID while -8 AN is 1/2" tubing which is 1/2" OD. 3/8" schedule 80 pipe is .423" ID. Schedule 80 is thick wall for extra high pressure rating, schedule 40 is the normal stuff you would use, sch 40 1/2" is .622" ID, and sch 40 3/8" is .495" ID. So, sch 40 3/8" pipe has a bigger ID than -8 tubing which is going to be .5" od - say 2x a wall thickness of 1/16" or .375" ID. Clear as mud? :-)

Back