oil filter replacement

87gn joe

Can anyone tell me which is the correct oil filter to use on my 87 GN who tells me the pf52 and who says the pf47 which one is correct also what weight oil should I use thanks for any help Joe

52 is longer and holds more oil.47 is thethe stock size...a quality 10w40 is good and don't forget to add zink ......do a search for zddp ...

go to NAPA and get the NAPA Gold version of the PF52.

X2. Napa/Wix is the same, good filters. Try 10/30 or 10/40 weight to get a comfortable oil pressure. A few guys mix weights to get optimal oil psi, whether you are looking for idle or WOT psi.

Just so you know, the longer filter was used on the GM 4.3 liter V6 in the trucks. Look up one from a mid 80's to late 90 full size truck. Make sure it's a good filter like a WIX and you'll be fine. The cheap filters are ust that, cheap. Stay away from them and you'll be fine.:)

I've switched to K&N oil filters since they say they are made in the USA! Filter is cheap compared to an engine.

Napa gold is 1036 and order ZDDP from Kirbans or whoever unless you have a roller cam, or like doing rebuilds :)