oil fitler adapter

GN-231

I just got the Precision Turbo oil filter relocation kit and it is a very nice assembly for the money. I can't believe I never install this sooner as it keeps the turbo feed with fresh oil directly from the filter assembly.
Anyways, I think I lost my original oil filter adapter bolt because I replaced it a long time ago with a Biggie Oil filter adapter bolt.
Anyone know where I can get another oil filter adapter bolt to restore my oil assembly back to OEM so the PTE kit will assembly properly?

I do recommend this PTE kit..those guys are great with customer support.

Are you still using your stock oil cooler? If not, just remove the biggie adapter and slide off the oil cooler adapter. The PTE adapter will now screw on the exposed threads.

Robert

I do still have the stock oil cooler installed.
I am not sure why the oil cooler is on the car, but I would guess it is to cool down the oil so it does not cook itself in the turbo??

Yup, Buick added the oil coolers to the later GNs for a reason.

Check the Parts forums, guys are always parting out cars, or have random parts laying around.

I do still have the stock oil cooler installed.
I am not sure why the oil cooler is on the car, but I would guess it is to cool down the oil so it does not cook itself in the turbo??

I agree GM intended the cooler to help with the oil temp from the turbo. A lot of guys, including myself, have done away with the cooler with no ill effects. Of course, the main reason to do away with the cooler is if you have hurt you engine and pumped debris through the cooler.

I agree GM intended the cooler to help with the oil temp from the turbo. A lot of guys, including myself, have done away with the cooler with no ill effects. Of course, the main reason to do away with the cooler is if you have hurt you engine and pumped debris through the cooler.

X2! You'll likely get more cooling from the lines to/from a remote filter set-up than from the cooler in the rad'r--even if it's not partially clogged w/ grenaded engine fragments. Just eliminate use of the oil cooler in the radiator...

X3
The oil cooler is often overlooked when dropping a fresh engine in the car after a engine failure. And what happens is the crap from the old engine gets in the new motor oil(by the oil cooler/lines) and next thing you know, the fresh motor is in trouble... do what you want but my oil cooler adapter is on a pile with other stock parts.
I just got a kit used PTE kit off this board this past week, what filter are you guys running on this? And are you mounting it behind the pass side headlight?
Thanks,

Chuck

balwin B6, wix 51049
mounted on the rad support pass side at the bottom edge of the headlamp opening
running the pte turbo saver in both cars , no factory oil cooler , besides the F body rad doesnt have one

Mine's located similarly--but I would guess a little higher, more behind headlights. Your pre-installed hose lengths should determine final resting place of housing mount...

I've been using the PureOne PL25288--it's "intermediate size" (not a BIGGIE)--but I change oil rather frequently. I selected this one also because I cannot routinely find the BIG Baldwin or Wix filters already referenced.

Good luck w/ the install--your turbo will love you for it!