You can type here any text you want

oil leak 87 gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dgreen

anyone have any help for what appears to be a rear main seal leak ? car has never been apart so i assume it still has rope seal,should i go with the neoprene 2 piece or stick with the rope type?

How do you know it is a rear main seal?

Did you verify by checking the flexplate and see oil trails from the crankshaft out to the edge of the ring gear?

i pulled the converter cover and looked between flex plate and oil pan seems very wet, from up top with mirror back of intake looks good, so im assuming rear main car has 80,000 miles and has never been apart i did do valve cover gaskets already. I also have another leak at one of the oil cooler hoses do you know of anyone that sells these hoses? Thanks

If a Buick doesn't leak oil.......Better add 4 quarts QUICK!!!!;) New hoses are available from a few vendors on here. It might just need a new o-ring on the hose fitting. Might be the o-ring on the oil cooler adaptor.

def. had oil cooler hose leak 2 new ones coming fron kirban perf. ive worked on cars for 21 years this car is very quick but id like more car has upgraded fuel pump adj waste gate and adj fuel press. reg ive got boost set at about 17 psi and fuel press. at 43 psi would a chip help? or should i add more fuel (injectors ) ? Thanks for any input !! Dam i love this car!!!!!!!!!

def. had oil cooler hose leak 2 new ones coming fron kirban perf. ive worked on cars for 21 years this car is very quick but id like more car has upgraded fuel pump adj waste gate and adj fuel press. reg ive got boost set at about 17 psi and fuel press. at 43 psi would a chip help? or should i add more fuel (injectors ) ? Thanks for any input !! Dam i love this car!!!!!!!!!

Get a scan tool, if you are going to get new injectors you will need a chip matched to them all depends on how fast you wanna go. Bang for the buck call razor and get an alky kit did I mention the scan tool?

Check your oil pan gasket too. Take a close look at it. I experienced major leaks at this area. Found the previous owner had installed a FelPro "blue rubber" pan gasket that was pushing out in areas .....which was the major culprit (especially when under boost).

Installed a cork gasket this time + used some Permatex Ultra black oil resistant RTV sealant on it. Should be "nice N oil-tight" now. (Will be a bugger to remove though).

Just be sure you don't over tighten the oil pan bolts.....these must be "snugged" gently after a few heat / cool cycles. If you're looking for one of the best cork gaskets....be sure to get a Duttweiller cork pan gasket. These are available thru several of our major turbo buick vendors on the board.

Decided to change the rear main seal and front cover seal to new neoprene seals while I was in there too.

Back