You can type here any text you want

Oil Leak Top of Intake Manifold??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rauder

Can someone give me some advise on this oil leak. I have oil laying on top in the rear of the intake manifold. I cleaned up the oil changed the PCV valve and gromet and still have oil laying in the back.
Is there anything else I can check to see where this oil is coming from. I took the car for a short ride, not going over 40 checked it again and thre is the oil laying there.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hey Ray my name is Ray too:tongue: did you take the coil pack off to get a better look? is it runnin down the block? or just a puddle. the only thing up there is the horizontal line of the intake that mounts across the valley of the block, you may need one of those small mirrors and a flashlight.

i saw a little oil on mine also but i think mine is where i laid my oil filler cup one day and it leaked down from it while i was getting another quart of oil.:confused: i have a leak im huntin right above my starter for the last 2 days. hope you find yours keep seeking you'll find it.

Ray,

Its not running down the block, just a puddle. I have to look deeper, I thought someone would have the same problem.

As dumb as it sounds, check the valve covers. You may have blown one of them out.

I have the same issue I am trying to figure out where the oil is coming from.

My entire intake has a thin film of oil under the plenum, but back at the back of the intake the oil just puddles up.

Back