You can type here any text you want

Oil pan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84beastregal

Anyone know what the oil pan capacity is on a na 231 carb motor??

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

I have one and it looks to be the same as the ones that came on the 86-87 turbo models, But, without the sheet metal baffle pan that is welded inside the later models.

I do not have a 14 bolt pan--but I'm guessing it would be the same. Where is your dipstick?

I'm doin a blowthrough 231 so seeing how high I need to weld a bung for oil return. But thanks for the help

I'm doin a blowthrough 231 so seeing how high I need to weld a bung for oil return. But thanks for the help

The return needs to be as high as you can possible get it. You don't want the bung opening to be below the waterline. On my car it was TIGHT putting a return on the pan, I had to machine a long AN fitting and squeeze it between the motor mount and the oil pump.

Last edited:

You have to zoom way in to see where it's routed....

If you zoom in on this one and look closely behind the radiator hose you can see how close the motor mount bolt is (and how it now has to be installed from the rear (giggity)

I was surprised when I started mocking it up. I had no idea it was going to be remotely tight (giggity). For a while I was thinking I was going to have to scrub the pan drain.
I actually lucked out. When I welded up the drain, I forgot to account for R&Ring the motor mount bolt and nut.

Imma install a bung at the front of the pan then use a fitting I have a 14bolt pan

uploadfromtaptalk1394040171019.jpg

Mine's a 14 bolt too. I had to start there and come out at an angle and upwards.

Back