Aluminum Oil Pan Options.

Dylan4570

Hello Folks,

Are there any options out there for aluminum oil pans? I'm investigating making them myself. I would like to retain the same depth, but add wings to increase capacity to that of a deep sump. Also improved baffling, depending on interest.

Stock LC2 is the 20 bolt pan if I recall?

Is there any interest on here for such an oil pan?

The Stef pans look really nice, but if Dylan you can knock something out you might have a small market here if you got the skills since we tend to support good products by good people who have good taste in cars. 👍

The Stef pans look really nice, but if Dylan you can knock something out you might have a small market here if you got the skills since we tend to support good products by good people who have good taste in cars. 👍
I am in the process of trying to find a cheap block, timing cover, pickup, and stock oil pan to use for mockup.

Hopefully by the end of the canadian winter i can have something together.

I am in the process of trying to find a cheap block, timing cover, pickup, and stock oil pan to use for mockup.

Hopefully by the end of the canadian winter i can have something together.

Last edited:
You mentioned maintaining the same pan depth as stock. If you were to make your pan just a little bit deeper to clear a bottom feed 700r4 filter, it might broaden the interest since people would no longer need to modify the 700r4 filter to make it work with the stock pan. Having said that, I'm not sure how many people these days actually use a 7004r filter with a stock pan (besides me) but it was just a thought...
I'm talking engine oil pan.

I don't like the deep sump options because they become the lowest point on the car.