Oil pan options.

Calia22

Since i haven't really found any info yet, i just wanted to ask what the best route for running an aftermarket oil pan would be? Obviously RJC has their deep sump, but I am not sure if those are designed to run with higher side-to-side G-loads. Has anyone ever tried to craft anything designed towards AutoX?

Since i haven't really found any info yet, i just wanted to ask what the best route for running an aftermarket oil pan would be? Obviously RJC has their deep sump, but I am not sure if those are designed to run with higher side-to-side G-loads. Has anyone ever tried to craft anything designed towards AutoX?
RJC makes two oil pans. One for drag racing, one for going around corners. Canton can make you one but time and expense. If you are running Stage block, there are a lot of used NASCAR dry sump pans / pumps around.....most were set up for turning left....might find a road racing set up but will be scarce.
Conrad

hello people; On the OP subject while getting my sticker recently we talked. I've been getting my sticker there for a bit and in conversation was said on a few newer high end cars there making them out of plastic. The techs are sucking the oil out because there afraid to strip the threads. Another thing there doing is no dip stick and using the on board system to tell you info. I thought it was a joke but he was serious.
IBBY

RJC makes two oil pans. One for drag racing, one for going around corners. Canton can make you one but time and expense. If you are running Stage block, there are a lot of used NASCAR dry sump pans / pumps around.....most were set up for turning left....might find a road racing set up but will be scarce.
Conrad
I saw somewhere on the FS pages there was an rjc road race pan. couldn't find the picture of it though. and can't relocate the thread. Dry sump setup sounds really interesting and would be pretty bitchin'

There are a few of us that've changed the pan for road work and I had the pics at one time, but my system crashed. Basically you cut the bottom off about 3-4' from the bottom, widen it, and go from there. The baffle is the hardest part. You can add trap doors to the sides if you make it stick out more than 2" on each side.

I'm of the opinion that you really don't need to do anything. The stock pan has a fantastic baffle that completely covers the sump. As long as there's enough oil in the engine to keep a reserve down in that sump, you're going to be fine unless you discover a magic way to pull 1.0+G in a sustained corner or braking. The RJC pan provides a deeper sump and more capacity, but it also extends below the crossmember, exposing it to damage from bottoming out or hitting stuff.

In my not so humble opinion, a better use of money would be to plumb in an oil accumulator instead. It'll get you through uncovering the sump momentarily.