You can type here any text you want

Oil pan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I think imma do the same thing with mine I'm here trying to see what's the best angle nd what size did you use for fitting??

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

the angle was exactly "'as high as I could get it". I notched out the lip on the pan rail to get it pointed upwards as much as possible. It gave me a second weld point to avoid any harmonics or potential cracking during tightening too.

The drain is -12 I think. (It might be -10)

Is this a good high enough spot

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394109910582.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394109910582.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 88
Earl, Why does the turbo drain need to be above the waterline? Gravity and atmosphere is working on the oil to return it to the pan.

On my S2 engine, I had my return plumbed near the oil level with -12AN.......never saw a problem with oil backing up into the turbo. I've done a couple pans this way too. :)

Last edited:
I was thinking the same wint oil be less since the oil pump is working

Earl, Why does the turbo drain need to be above the waterline? Gravity and atmosphere is working on the oil to return it to the pan.

On my S2 engine, I had my return plumbed near the oil level with -12AN.......never saw a problem with oil backing up into the turbo. I've done a couple pans this way too. :)

Less flow restriction. Since the return is on the front of the pan, it's pretty much guaranteed to be above the waterline during any kind of acceleration. Since most of these cars aren't autocrossed and the turbos use very little oil, it doesn't seem to matter in real life. But if you're picking a spot, why not put it as high as you can. The motor mount and oil pump pretty much dictate where it can go anyway.

Earlbrown do you have a better pic of how you had yours I can't seem to find a fitting that fits there's hardly space

I thought you had a 14 bolt pan. Is that not your engine?

It's hard to tell but what's the ID of that fitting? And are you going to be pointed right at the lower radiator hose?

Its from online nd I think he said it was 1/2 nd if I do do it like this imma turn it left a lil so it won't be to close to the rad hose

New spot imma use a 45 degree fitting nd run it up take a right between head nd mount nd up to turbo what you think

I think the exhaust manifold is going to be in the way. Just make sure not to leave a P-trap.

The line is behind it I checked for clearance nd its good imma use header wrap so not much heat will effect the line

Back