You can type here any text you want

Oil Pressure Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Im trying to redo my stock oil pressure sensor wiring, i had a problem with it a few months ago and never got back to it so i decided to do it today. The problem i had before was that the rubber boot that would plug into the sensor had deteriorated and caused the plugs to touch every so often and they would blow my FP fuse and cause the car to run chitty etc, So i was far from home one day and i decided to cut the plug and tape up the wires, great but i have no oil pressure sensor for the car, so i want to re-run the wires to the sensor i just dont remember which wire goes where, 3 wires can someone help me out?

Pink/black to pin A
Grey to pin C
the other is a ground from what the manual shows.

Bryan

By any chance would you know how the sensor is configured? not sure how to test it? It has the two prongs on same side then one on bottom im thinking A & B Prong are the two top male prongs and C is the bottom male prong on the sensor? what do you think

Looking at the plug

A C
B

Bryan

For some reason the forum wont save this like I intended, the B is in the center below A and C if that makes sense

Tried to upload a pic...not working either.
Post your email and I can send it to you

Bryan

Email ; Turbochrisss@gmail.com

**Update,

Tried to wire it as posted here, still not getting any signal from dash bulb? I did verify im getting 12 volts on pink/black wire.. Im also receiving some very low voltage on the grey and the other one as well. Anyway's i took apart my dash to check the bulb that should light up when ignition is turned on, (oil/choke) i checked the bulb and the contact area behind dash. The bulb looks good and so does the contact. So im assuming my Sensor has crapped out, i replaced it less than a year ago.. W,e ill buy a new one and see what happens..

The PNK/BLK and GRY wires are for the fuel pump.

The wire that goes to pin B is for the oil light. The color may be TAN. The switch is NC to turn on the light by providing a ground. When the oil pressure increases the switch opens and the light goes off.

You can ground that wire to see if the light comes on. If so then the switch is bad.

RemoveBeforeFlight

FWIW, if the car runs bad without the wires hooked to the pressure switch, you need to examine the rest of the FP wiring. It is my understanding the OP switch just "gives the FP another source of 12V"...... meaning, it should still be getting 12V (through the FP relay) even if the wiring on the oil pressure switch was unhooked altogether.

My car is running fine

Damn im having a serious issue with the damn oil pressure sensor i have a nasty oil leak spitting oil out of the sensor wtf? anyone ever have this issue not sure exactly where the leak on the sensor is coming from?

Oil pressure senders will leak at the seam. Just replace it. If it is a new part that you just put in, it could be defective. Also, there is a socket that is made for senders to prevent damage when installing it.

Back