You can type here any text you want

Oil to use

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Use what you and your wallet like and add ZDDP. Brad Penn doesn't have enough either...

Brad Penn is a possible option but a huge segment of owners don;t like to switch to another brand and Brad Penn I don;t think has 1,800 ppm of zddp contents. That is something you have to check with that company on.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Brad Penn does have zddp, not sure of the amount, I will research. I agree that switching might not be smart in some cases. But I dont agree that use any oil you want and add zddp. Walmart 1.99 cent oil plus zddp does not equal to Brad Penn or other top quality oil option with zddp for any vehicle. When you spend the amount of money we do on engines dont try to save 20 bucks on an oil change. Brad Penn is still new but I'm already seeing good reviews. Also, some of you guys who build high dollar engines for a living (I don't or I'd likely starve) and have a dyno give us feedback on numbers comparison on the oils you use. I'd like to know what you see. 10-20 HP might not be a big deal to a street car but to some its a big deal. Also, if you take the engine apart after a few runs (which some high dollar guys do) tell us what the engine looks like. I know that some engines like one type of oil better than another. Even one buick engine might like one oil over another buick. Also, oils change over the years. I like Brad Penn now but 20 years ago I swore by Kendell. Bottom line...I wouldn't run Walmart oil in my lawnmower so I cant recommend it for my GN in which I've dumped my childrens college fund. Tell me your thoughts and also what do you guys run in your GNs? Have you broken apart any motors lately? How did it look? Are there oils you just will not recommend? Feedback please.

...I wouldn't run Walmart oil in my lawnmower so I cant recommend it for my GN in which I've dumped my childrens college fund. ............. Feedback please.
Funny! x2 on the feedback

The graph speaks for itself, the oil I run has 2800ppm zddp.

Attachments

• image-3264581540.jpg
    image-3264581540.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 133
Brad Penn does have zddp, not sure of the amount, I will research. I agree that switching might not be smart in some cases. But I dont agree that use any oil you want and add zddp. Walmart 1.99 cent oil plus zddp does not equal to Brad Penn or other top quality oil option with zddp for any vehicle. When you spend the amount of money we do on engines dont try to save 20 bucks on an oil change. Brad Penn is still new but I'm already seeing good reviews. Also, some of you guys who build high dollar engines for a living (I don't or I'd likely starve) and have a dyno give us feedback on numbers comparison on the oils you use. I'd like to know what you see. 10-20 HP might not be a big deal to a street car but to some its a big deal. Also, if you take the engine apart after a few runs (which some high dollar guys do) tell us what the engine looks like. I know that some engines like one type of oil better than another. Even one buick engine might like one oil over another buick. Also, oils change over the years. I like Brad Penn now but 20 years ago I swore by Kendell. Bottom line...I wouldn't run Walmart oil in my lawnmower so I cant recommend it for my GN in which I've dumped my childrens college fund. Tell me your thoughts and also what do you guys run in your GNs? Have you broken apart any motors lately? How did it look? Are there oils you just will not recommend? Feedback please.

I've taken my motor apart @ 65k and everything looked awesome except the one rod bearing and one main, the reason it came apart in the first place. The crosshatching in all cylinders looked great and there was no lip at the top of the cylinders either except a little carbon we sanded off. Everything was so good we even used the rings, pistons, rods, everything over again short of new main and eod bearings. lightly polished the crank was all. Plenty here don't agree with synthetic oil but I attribute my clean internals under much abuse to using only royal purple and now amsoil with a bottle of zddp. I now have 76k miles and with my pcv checkball, I only use 1 qt of oil every 3k but I usually change it before 3k anyway. Maybe I'm wasting money but my motor looked great inside so I'm not changing my formula now.

Back