You can type here any text you want

Oiling Issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have an 80 turbo coupe, all stock but i just rebuilt it. I put a kenne bell high pressure pump in and i have plenty of oil pressure when it's cold and when i'm driving. But only when it's in gear and im idling my guage shows zero. Will it hurt anything to run a little thicker oil in it?, i'm using straight 30 right now.

After break-in (500 miles) you can switch to 40W (I would suggest valvoline racing) but I wouldn't go much thicker than that except maybe mobil 1 15W50. But don't just get my opinion ask around here.

Originally posted by '80RegalT-type
idling my guage shows zero.

Be aware that all oil filters are not created equal!! I have seen a drop of 10-15 psi after fitting a new oil filter on my Buick and my wifes Ford:rolleyes: . Changing the filter again brought the pressure back to normal. People without pressure gauges would be unawear of this.:rolleyes:

Dude....straight weight :eek: .....why? :confused:

I have the KB gears and plate too. If you just rebuilt this thing stay with 5W-30 crude for the first 3,000 miles. Then go to synthetic 5W-30. Never ever use straight weight oil! (Unless its a race only engine or severely worn).

Back