OK Buick vs. Ford Shootout

Originally posted by 86brick
Dragradialstang, Lawrence Conley switched to a twin turbo V8 Camaro because he wanted to run mid 6's and the fastest a Buick V6 had gone was high 6's.... FYI, Kenny Duttweiler had his twin turbo Stage II Buick V6 powered tube frame Olds running in the 6's @ over 200mph (6.96 @202+mph) before there were any Pro 5.0 Stangs running 6's @ over 200mph so what does that tell you!!! All the Pro 5.0 guys (your heros) like Chuck Samuel that have single turbo V8 Stangs running mid 6's wouldn't be there if our cars and Duttweiler didn't come first and the same goes for Lawrence with his twin turboed Chevy V8 powered Tweaked II Camaro.... Oh BTW, if you don't believe Duttweiler ran in the 6's with a Buick V6 go check out www.draglist.com because you seem to be very ignorant!

i can also back this up because i have the video clip of him running that pass...like i said all the mustang guys are just jealous because we have smaller v6 engines:p

Originally posted by d0n_3d
i can also back this up because i have the video clip of him running that pass...like i said all the mustang guys are just jealous because we have smaller v6 engines:p

I guess you guys showed us, I can't race on saturday anymore, I'm about to hang myself from the rafters in my garage because you guys are such bad asses :rolleyes:

I found this editorial in the TECH section:

Rating Adult Diapers

In my young days, I could sh#t like a draft horse. But now, I can only coax a thin, yellowish gruel from my feeble colon, often without warning. Thus, I must be swathed in an oversized diaper at all times.

I am quite content with this arrangement. I am a very old man: The outhouse should come to me, not me to the outhouse! The only thing I mind is the talc. Great thick clouds of it waft about my bedchamber come changing-time. Damn you, Nurse! That stuff doesn't grow on trees, you know!

Anyhow, my latest past-time is sampling the various adult diapers of the world. Currently, I am using a brand called Ever-Dependable Under-Garments, which is manufactured right here in our great Republic. It neither chafes nor restricts, and it does not even require the use of a spring-action fastening pin. Instead, it is secured with an adhesive one can peel from the diaper itself. When worn in contact with the skin and parts, it produces a soothing warmth not unlike that provided by a thick, goose-down quilt.

My only complaint is that the diaper is made of a queer sort of cellophane substance that makes an unworldly crinkling noise. So I have taken to wearing a pantaloon made of ermine about my diaper, which muffles the sound but adds unnecessary bulk. The Ever-Dependable Under-Garment people do good work but should correct this unfortunate defect.

Another diaper I have tried is one made in Finland called Ooovi, or some such ridiculous name. It is also quite satisfactory but is hard to obtain because the Finnish harbors are iced in 10 months out of the year. My manservant Standish telegraphs a factory agent in Helsinki, who sends them across the ice via reindeer-sled to Warsaw, where they are then carried on the Orient Express to the port of Marseilles, then on packet-steamer to New-York, lastly shipped on the private canal to my estate. The journey takes one-and-a-half years and is highly inconvenient.

If asked, I would be more than happy to endorse the Ever-Dependable as my diaper of preference. Of course, I would require an obscenely high fee to do so.

This had to be one of the funniest threads I've read. :)

Keep up the shiit talking....especially the good natured talk. When you get serious it ain't funny anymore.

Best one so far.....Bryan (Quick6'n'-K.C.) with his joke about Mustangs and Porcupines. :D

Next in line for honors....Bronco Johnny for his top 10 reasons Buicks will lose.:eek:

I totally disagree, that porcupine joke is as old as my grandpa's buckskin rubber....

Wait til you guys see the t-shirts we are having made up just for you....oh I can't wait!

This happened last year too... these arent bad sorts in person...

They throw this stuff around at each other too so dont read too much into it.

Now THAT said, in the past some within the Ford group have mentioned to us that if "you dont run ____ dont bother showin' up" were responses given to them when asking about the event. Is that everyone? Noway. Further, I have never had a bad conversation at the event with any Ford folk and anticipate this to be a lot of fun - my point should be obvious from the types of cars that show up. Somebody is telling someone someTHING to keep them away.

Sandbag? Unfortunately this is likely to occur on both sides now. Personally I think a breakout rule is coming as I dont see the situation resolving itself.

Close to 10 Fords raced at LEAST 3 tenths faster than qualified for last year.... but I stopped looking after 7 or so instances. Only 1 Buick had a 3 tenths or better difference.

Shawn

Here we go with the crying again....

Sandbagging....WAAAAA
Telling slow cars to stay home.....WAAAAAA

The race is put on by the Buick club!! hahaha....change the rules however you want, we'll still come whip your asses!!!

Originally posted by Chris McDade
Bronco billybob johnny,

Your top ten list was WEAK.....Just like your WEAK SLOW STANG:D

Bitch please, like you guys have the market cornered on humor over here. Some of this crap your boys posted might have been funny when flatheads were popular....

I'll be happy to drag your ass at the event old man, just look for me in the pits, i'm the big fat chinese guy with red hair...

Bronco billybob johnny,

Your top ten list was WEAK.....Just like your WEAK SLOW STANG:D

And oh yea, 10.63 @ 127......Buwahahahaha, my car runs that without the blower....CHUMP!

A big fat chinese guy with red hair ... you must of been born in Texas...

:D

Wow, how did you know. Why are you wasting your time and great intellect here when there are so many mysteries in the world to be solved :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 86brick
Dragradialstang, Lawrence Conley switched to a twin turbo V8 Camaro because he wanted to run mid 6's and the fastest a Buick V6 had gone was high 6's.... FYI, Kenny Duttweiler had his twin turbo Stage II Buick V6 powered tube frame Olds running in the 6's @ over 200mph (6.96 @202+mph) before there were any Pro 5.0 Stangs running 6's @ over 200mph so what does that tell you!!! All the Pro 5.0 guys (your heros) like Chuck Samuel that have single turbo V8 Stangs running mid 6's wouldn't be there if our cars and Duttweiler didn't come first and the same goes for Lawrence with his twin turboed Chevy V8 powered Tweaked II Camaro.... Oh BTW, if you don't believe Duttweiler ran in the 6's with a Buick V6 go check out www.draglist.com because you seem to be very ignorant!
;) <--thats my ignant face. How many fast cars have you built that qualifies me as Ignorant? I know all about that already. You got any new info?

Originally posted by dragradialstang
;) <--thats my ignant face. How many fast cars have you built that qualifies me as Ignorant? I know all about that already. You got any new info?

These guys know all about going fast! They read about it in magazines all the time!

Well guys, I have had a joy reading these posts. I am leaving work and heading to the shop to get lilthumper ready. I will see most of you tommorrow night. DRIVE SAFE.