OK Buick vs. Ford Shootout

dragradialslowstang and rump ranger Johnny

Yeah you knew all about that already:rolleyes: My new info is that you and the rest of your Rustang boys are a bunch of fags that like looking at Buick taillights! HTH:D

Re: dragradialslowstang and rump ranger Johnny

Originally posted by 86brick
Yeah you knew all about that already:rolleyes: My new info is that you and the rest of your Rustang boys are a bunch of fags that like looking at Buick taillights! HTH:D

Wanna race?

Yeah sure I'll race you with my '97 Chevy Malibu (daily beater).... it should be a good race considering what your rustang runs LOL! You better get a bigger can of whippits:D This will be my last post cause I will let the Buick guys do the talking at the track where it counts!!!!!

The trip begins!
I will leave for The Race today at 3:30pm.
Hope to see everyone there!!!!!!!
;)

Had a great time at the Noble Buick vs. Ford race.
Ran my new best time also. 11.99 at 113.70 :)
Loved the Pro Tree too!
Thanks to the Okla.Buick club for a great event!!!!!!!

Well I just got back..:( boy is my bottom sore hehehe.

I need to thank Richard (it won's except D***, Kathy, Her Steve, Steve Monroe and everyone else from the OK club for a great time and a wonderful event, I had a great time even if the car broke.

The Buicks did real well until the ET cut got into the low 11's to high 10's then after that the Fords did catch up and win but it's ok as long as you have a good time, I was sorry to see the Mustang test the wall and roll over. Don't like to see anyone wreck.

I personaly liked the Pro Tree, I only seen one or two Buicks red light. Yes their were more, in case you did not catch it there was a 5 sec timer (AutoStart) on the light so when both top lights were lit and one person bumped into the second light the other person had 5 sec to light his second light or he got a red light.

This sure kept everyone honist and there were no burn downs.

I would have to say that most of the mustangs did good in the sand bagging, I only see a few (less than last year) run more than 2 or 3 tenths faster than there qualifing time.

Again Thanks to everyone for a great Event, I'll be back next year.

Take Care

I too had a great time. This being my first trip to Noble, I was a little dissapointed in the sandbagging by the Mustang folks. IMO, that makes the race no fun. I saw at least 3 Stangs run a full second quicker in eliminations vs. their quickest qualifying ETs.:mad: But what can you do? I guess if thats how they like to win, so be it. (Not starting a flame, just voicing my opinion). I honesty dont think I saw one Buick go much quicker than .5 in eliminations vs time trials.....and youd think it be easy for us to sandbag by just turning the boost up for the eliminations! I guess thats where "Going Fast With Class" comes from. I will definately be back next year, probably running one of the cars to help the Buick guys out!:D Had a really really good time despite the cold though! A lot of clothes, warm chilli, and a lot of beer, and I was fine!!

Neal, I saw your GN there, and hung around it for a while trying to find you!! I guess Ill meet up with you at some other Buick event soon. Beautiful car!

Originally posted by 8UWITH6

Neal, I saw your GN there, and hung around it for a while trying to find you!! I guess Ill meet up with you at some other Buick event soon. Beautiful car!

Thanks, Sorry I missed you, since the car was broken I was out visiting friends and making new ones. Did you have a jacket on for the Gnttype.org site?

I did see someone with a jacket on and was going to go talk to them and ask who they were but got involved with some bench racing and when I turned around I did not see them again.

You need to bring a car next time, it is a blast win, loose or break.
The people are wonderful.

Take Care

I think it was pretty even on the sandbagging notion... about the same number from both sides were pretty far off (Think one stang hit the bottle, I guess, and a GN pickup ~16mph/1sec). Blake had a legitimate excuse, hell even tried to get moved up in the ladder to make it fair lol! It sure made for a real close race towards the middle when the score was within 1 or 2.

Either way it was still a lot of fun!

Camera?

Good time as always! Easy to gripe about stuff when cold but as usual things ran real well come eliminations.

Ford camp stepped up and did good this year with an excellent car count and waaaay less sandbaggin' - few enough for me to not care. DFW guys had some good t-shirts. heh.

ProTree messed with me most of the day but Im starting to like it now. Not sure if I would like it without the 5sec rule though...

Wondering if anyone got some vid of me... ideal would be a time trial run where the car got a little goofy in 2nd. I had the cracked up front bumper filler and white lettered Hoosier tires along with a "GWTRA" window sticker in back car #B21. Since I would settle for ANY video, I ran elims on a 12.9x qualify but ran a problematic 13.1@96 if that helps.

Next year!

Shawn

Neil,

I kept track and there were (7) Fords over 1 second quicker in the finals plus at least (2) Buicks.Really for the amount of Fords that turned out the sandbagging was less than a year ago.It was a good race which Buick did have a chance to win.It was great to see lots more Fords there than usual.

Thanks OK Buick club and Steve Monroe for a great event. Made my first 10 second pass - it was great to be around a bunch of Buick racers - people with class!!!

Sorry I didn't win my elim. round, had a sorry launch- no boost - 5 second rule got me - Stang was staged before I was prestaged. Stang got me on that one - but I got lucky and cut a .482 light vs a 1.867 by the Stang. He ran me down @ 142.09 MPH vs my 122.23. Can't wait to find out what his qualifying ETs was - wonder if he sandbaged??

Thanks again OK club!!