You can type here any text you want

OK Buick vs. Ford Shootout

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Let's not get bogged down with a tree discussion! The whole point is that it's probably one of, if not the best, Buick vs Ford shootout in the country. This event brings people from all over the country, Ford and Buick. It's late in the season, so it gives everyone a final year-end event when the temperatures are really cool! It's heads up and fun as hell. We need cars cars cars. Ford will be out in full force!........Brian from Tulsa

How about this suggestion, it would be simple and no real blame on anyone person.

Since everyone's qualifing time is kept and recorded and the winner and his time is also recorded why not just take points away as a team. Say (as a suggestion not a given number) for every 3/10's under your qualifing time faster you run the team will loose 1 point.

This way there is no tech or anything to worry about just total the number up like in the past.

I do agree with Art on the starter hitting the button real quick on a pro light. The starter needs to be aware of this.

Anyway I love the idea of a BBQ after someplace :D

Take Care

NastyGN wrote :
Anyway I love the idea of a BBQ after someplace

Yes we need to have a place we can all go and eat after the race ,someplace big enough for all who want to come and eat dinner i.e. Lubys or steakhouse :D

eats -

thats cool too - I was hoping to actually have it at the track and for someone to cook it .. =)

but I am all for going somewhere and getting some grub...

BTW... Neal I liked the idea about he points... cept I would hate to have to add that stuff up... LOL

Winsett

Originally posted by mydesigner
Probably half of our race losses were given to them by the red lights.

Don't forget that we had losses due to the Ford team sandbagging :( . It was funny how some of the Ford guys would pick up 1.0 to 1.5 seconds in eliminations ;) . Even the announcer made the comment about their times when he looked at what their qualifying times were. :D

There is no doubt in my mind that we would have beat them last year if there was no "red lighting" on our part or "sandbagging" on the Ford team.

Ford team brought some serious power to the races but if you think about it, they still had an "extra" 2 cylinder advantage over over the turbobuicks with aftermaket turbos on their orginally N/A motors :p .

I don't really care about the pro tree. Remember that your going to be racing someone that is fairly close to the same time that you have. So there experence in racing is probably going to based on how fast ther car is. So everyone should be equal on the pro tree.

I think that there should be a break out rule. I don't think any buicks sand bagged last year, but I now of alot of mustangs that did. This rule is not going to stop people from coming to this race. They come to this race because it's competitive and the weather.

UPDATE......... UPDATE

My brother is a big Mustang fool:D He just got back from the fun Ford event in Enis. I talked to him this morning and he said that six or seven 9 second Mustangs confirmed that they will be there.
So ATTENTION ALL BUICKS... We need you there this year. Get your car ready and the NAAAAWWWWSSSSS:D

See ya there

Originally posted by Chris McDade
I think that there should be a break out rule. I don't think any buicks sand bagged last year, but I now of alot of mustangs that did.

I agree!! I think that this should be brought up at the driver's meeting with the track officials. I know that I am all for it!! :D

Hey guys,

I posted a lot of stuff on different Ford boards this morning inviting people to show up.

The biggest problem we have is that there are NOT enough STREET Fords that show up. All the heavy hitters show up and our 12 and 13 second street cars get to sit and watch. If we had those cars running we would have a MUCH better chance of winning...imagine 10 twelve second buicks against 10 sixteen second foci. That is 10 points in our favor.

So...invite all the Fords you can to the event...the more they have...the better OUR chances of winning.

Kev :)

Its "too late" to alter rules now so lets not...

IMO, The Pro Tree will be a wash. Sure there are downsides but I think it will benefit us slightly more than it will them. REMEMBER, you will qualify on the same tree as what you race on!! The more important thing, if a track rookie, is to be consistant. Elims are not the time to try and launch with 5 additional PSI.

THAT said, I have always wanted a breakout rule or some other incentive to keep the sandbaggers from keeping this event from being all it can be. With the glass half full though, I say maybe a win will be even better against a sandbagger. I'll give it my best - assuming I qualify.

S

People always complain about change. If you look at the times for last year ( http://www.okbuicks.com/car.htm ), we lost 19 races due to red lights. We lost 16 races due to sandbaging, or whatever the excuse was. Even if people have trouble getting used to the protree, at least they'll be racing to the far end and not handing the race over on the starting line. I think it will make for better racing on both sides. I'll be there trying to sort out the new combo. Hopefully I can make a few passes before I'm call on by the roll bar police.

I know that I am there... no matter-

Friday night PARTY at Art's Rig...
TacoMayo after that...
Some Mikes to top off the night...
..and then back at it bright and early... racing...
BBQ after that...

sheeeeyat hell yea...

Winsett

Why doesn't anyone ever invite me to the fun parties? :o I live here and haven't got invited to them. WTF? :( I help pay for you out of state guys.:D

J/k, well not really:D

Re: eats -

Originally posted by Winsett
BTW... Neal I liked the idea about he points... cept I would hate to have to add that stuff up... LOL
Winsett

LOL it's easy Scott, most of the records are kept on a spread sheet so all you have to do is use the auto sum button :)

As far as going to Luby's or something, many of us in the past have done that anyway, and it is fun. But a couple of little things come to mind. One is that it's tuff to seat very many people in a given area, the other is that sometimes it's tuff to get very many trailers in these areas.

I can only speak for myself but I think it would be nice to make some agreement with the track to have a BBQ there since everyone is there already. You could even ask the track people to attend. Then all they would have to do is lock the gate and turn off the lights when everyone is finished. Even if you have to charge a couple of bucks for it I think it would be cool.

See Ya There

My idea to sucker the mustangs was to run pro tree, then advertise an award will be given to the "fastest mustang on radials". Pro tree's, radials, 5 speeds and a staging area that no-one seems to want to sweep is a guaranteed buick win.

BBQ

how can we get in touch with someone that has some pull... I really like the idea of having a cook-out/chill-out after the race for awhile... that would be really nice...

I am sure that we will have enough people throw in 5 or 10 bucks or something... hell I never got my hamburger last year for running faster than 11.99 =)

I will make a post to the local dallas list to see if anyone is interested in the BBQ to have a better idea of if we have it covered -

anyone know of the really fast cars planning on attending? the more names the better...

Winsett

Tulsa Guys, lets get together with Bo, well tell him everytime he sees a TurboBuick stage to set the Pro-tree, practice makes perfect (Tulsa GN). I really don't have a prob with the tree, last year I staged last. The tree came down & I wasn't ready, like it mattered, Lol. I qualified but trans would'nt shift to high(DOH!) so I put it on the trailer. Trick to running Pro-tree is make sure you light both bulbs first that way your ready.

Trans is fixed this year;)
Geoff

my vote is at the track... that would RULE. . .

thanks for looking into this...

Winsett

BBQ at the track sounds good !That way no one has to leave and get lost

Better watch the weather ,can get really cold when the sun goes down in late October .

Maybe a Hotdogs and marshmellows over a FIRE would be nice :D

Back