You can type here any text you want

OK Buick vs. Ford Shootout

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Re: ProTree-WOW

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
The key here is the starter or the autostart setup. The turbo cars will really benefit with a two second delay from the point where both stage lights are lighted to the flash. If we can get that built into the autostart system, we should do fine.
John Schmidt

very good point, this will help the turbo buick guys alot, and not make it a race to the lights

#1 TIP for the FORD guys { cause i think the pro tree is a stupid idea}

prestage your ford, and let the buick fully stage with max boost , and bake their transmissions while you wait a good 10 seconds to trip the 2nd light- now the buick is forced to let out of the gas due to a pushed front seal, or baked tranny, trip the 2nd light just as the buick lets out of the gas, now the buick is at a huge disadvantage-
no boost launch
baked transmission
another lost race cause the ford guys know how to win at the lights-

i saw this my first year at noble 4 years ago,
ITS NOT THE LIGHTS, ITS THE DRIVERS!!!
anyway you look at it, .400 protree is a HUGE disadvantage to any turbo buick at the track!!

dont beleive me??

race me and i will apply the method posted above-

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

prestage your ford, and let the buick fully stage with max boost , and bake their transmissions while you wait a good 10 seconds to trip the 2nd light- now the buick is forced to let out of the gas due to a pushed front seal, or baked tranny, trip the 2nd light just as the buick lets out of the gas, now the buick is at a huge disadvantage-
no boost launch
baked transmission
another lost race cause the ford guys know how to win at the lights

Been there "done that". Four years ago I was on the other side I'd stage first and burn'em at the tree, then wait for them to: push thru, break the rear wheels loose or let out......then light the second light. Course if they push thru the race is yours already, either way...Cha-ching.

Hopefully there will be a security gaurd in the burnout box this year. I dont enjoy doing a burnout with a hundred people standing a foot from my car.

Re: Re: ProTree-WOW

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
very good point, this will help the turbo buick guys alot, and not make it a race to the lights

#1 TIP for the FORD guys { cause i think the pro tree is a stupid idea}

no boost launch
baked transmission
another lost race cause the ford guys know how to win at the lights-

i saw this my first year at noble 4 years ago,
ITS NOT THE LIGHTS, ITS THE DRIVERS!!!
anyway you look at it, .400 protree is a HUGE disadvantage to any turbo buick at the track!!

dont beleive me??

race me and i will apply the method posted above-

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Brian I understand what your concerns are ,
I would suggest that Turbo cars not build
boost until the Mustange is ready to lite the second lite (I know how do you know ) OR has lite the second light , Its OUR race ,take your time ,let the mustang set at the tree ,no problem.
I used to do this all the time ,ask ROLLIN ,
Back when ROLLIN had a Mustang he tried to burn me down by doing 2 burnouts , I would wait quietly while he did Burnouts and dryhops let him stage and drop him like a bag of dirt :D
We will address any burndown at the tree !!!!!!!
ITS A BUICK EVENT,Fords are our guest

If someone is going to burn you at the tree, they are going to do it whether its Pro tree or sportsman tree. Pro tree means they will burn you 1.5 seconds less than sportsman tree.

You guys better bring it!

We are coming up from Dallas with:
2 Supercharged 9 second small block stangs
Twin turbo 9 second Fairmont
9 second big block nitrous stang

And a couple of other MAYBEs.....

Bronco Johnny,

We got you covered...............

We have an Opel that runs high 8"s.

Neal White runs 9's easy

www.meankids.com is bringing a twin turbo Buick.

Lawrance Conley's is bringing a twin turbo Buick that has run 8.60@160+

Let the FUN BEGIN.............

Originally posted by Chris McDade
Lawrance Conley's is bringing a twin turbo Buick that has run 8.60@160+

WHY? So it can sit in the first pit spot the entire day? Thats all it did the last two years!!!! HAHAHAHA! Never even made a pass...

I'm gonna Teabag the steering wheel, you get a picture Bryan and we'll send it in to Consumtion Junction!

He just took it to baytown and made a couple of 8 second passes,
so I think that it might make it down the track this year :-).

Isn't a high 8 at Baytown... like an 11.40 at a real track?

Thats why all those LS1's go down there!

I think it is more like a 10.30....I hope he doesn't get drug by one of these street driven mustangs on pump gas!

Yes, they will be light in the 8-10 second range Bronco Johny. Bring the body bags because this is going to be a slaughter for the 3rd year in a row. I just talked to Mud Duck. He said he will come if there is anything for him to race. What you guys think? Is there going to be any 8 second buicks or just 8 second show cars that sit in the pits all day?

I think you better tell the Mud Duck to leave the car at home, wouldn't want him to waste his time! i'll have plenty of cold Texas beer and burnt down Buick burgers in the pits though if he or anyone else would like to toast our victory....

We need not worry fella's.

The turbo Buicks will out run, out MPH, and out 60ft all your slow Stangs..

Get ready to see some Buick tail lights..

Back