OK Buick vs. Ford Shootout

Originally posted by Rollin
Mr Lil if you want to throw your hat into the ring I'm sure we can find someone to accomodate you too. Or do you want to keep going on assuming you have the field covered with those glowing headers? Lol:eek:

Rollin, I have changed my mind. I will be truly driving my car to the track. I will race ANY buick that is honestly driven to the track saturday morning. No pulling it off of the trailer when you get into Noble. That being said, I will lay money down that the car I race in the final was trailered to the track.

Great, I just talked to Jr he's ready. He'll be driving down from Tulsa and basically said the same thing. In all honesty his combo is untested the 131 was a shake down low boost run. Run what ya brung. So Andrew a.k.a. "Mr Rump" are you ready?

Hey, I got an idea for 2003.

If 65 Buicks show up, but only 45 Fords show up, Buicks 65 through 46 get a Bye run.

Hell, why wait until 2003? :)

Rollin, I plan on having fun. This is the best race of the year for lots of us Ford guys too. If jr is really driving that car from Tulsa, that is pretty impressive. Sounds like a fast car. See ya there!

Originally posted by lilthumper
Man, I had lilthumper turned down as far as she would go. Timing was so retarded the headers were glowing. Drove it to the track on pump gas, went 133+ and then drove it home. I almost fell asleep in high gear!! I could not imagine what a "stage 2" 131 mph pass would feel like!!:eek:

Lets see if I built a 8 cycl with a turbo and only went 133.00 in a "lighter" car ,I woulnt rag to hard on a slower HEAVIER ,MUCH SMALLER motored, Grandma car , but maybe you can drive it to Tulsa and race it ,OR maybe its so far out of tune you cant drive it much , I would bet its just a race car on a trailer pretending to be a street car :eek:

Originally posted by qwknuf6 jr
Lets see if I built a 8 cycl with a turbo and only went 133.00 in a "lighter" car ,I woulnt rag to hard on a slower HEAVIER ,MUCH SMALLER motored, Grandma car , but maybe you can drive it to Tulsa and race it ,OR maybe its so far out of tune you cant drive it much , I would bet its just a race car on a trailer pretending to be a street car :eek:

Sounds like you got your whole list of excuses ready! To you Buick guys a list of excuses is just as important as a boost gauge at this race!

Did somebody hold a gun to your head and make you build up a heavy, small motor, grandma car?

Look at all those excuses! The race hasn't even happened yet!!!

Buick vs. Ford race checklist for Buick guys:

[ ] Buick Powered Vehicle from pre-Clinton era
[ ] Truck and Trailer
[ ] Reading glasses
[ ] Bottle of Geritol
[ ] Box of depends
[ ] AARP card
[ ] Latest issue of "HOT GRANDMAS"
[ ] List of excuses why my car is slow

Now you guys feel free to print this out and use it. I don't want anyone to show without everything that they need, i worked very hard on this list!!

If Jr is driving that car 130 miles from Tulsa to Noble, its because he doesn't have a trailer! No other reason except that one.

Originally posted by bsharer
Did somebody hold a gun to your head and make you build up a heavy, small motor, grandma car?

Look at all those excuses! The race hasn't even happened yet!!!

Hey Einstien:confused:
I did'nt make any excuses for my car .
I was saying a mustang with a turbo should be faster
lil thumper had excuses ,low timing ect ect ect
read the post and then make a comment

Originally posted by Rollin
Great, I just talked to Jr he's ready. He'll be driving down from Tulsa and basically said the same thing. In all honesty his combo is untested the 131 was a shake down low boost run. Run what ya brung. So Andrew a.k.a. "Mr Rump" are you ready?

I'm ready to tie a chain to Jr's bumper and drag his ass down the track!

Buick vs. Ford, Ford Checklist:

[ ] 2 bottles of Nawwsss
[ ] Trailer with a winch
[ ] Backwards gimme cap
[ ] Number 6 or Number 88 sticker
[ ] Posse of Wannabe's who dream of having a car that will runs 12's someday
[ ] Powerstroke Deisel to pull your trailer (and race when only 40 cars show)

Originally posted by UNGN
Buick vs. Ford, Ford Checklist:

[ ] 2 bottles of Nawwsss
[ ] Trailer with a winch
[ ] Backwards gimme cap
[ ] Number 6 or Number 88 sticker
[ ] Posse of Wannabe's who dream of having a car that will runs 12's someday
[ ] Powerstroke Deisel to pull your trailer (and race when only 40 cars show)

I don't need Nawwsss... I've got whippitts!

Originally posted by lilthumper
Rollin, I plan on having fun. This is the best race of the year for lots of us Ford guys too. If jr is really driving that car from Tulsa, that is pretty impressive. Sounds like a fast car. See ya there!

Its a Buick event and the Fords are our guest . We are glad that anyone would take the time and effert to come and race us ,even if we are slow , there is even a BBQ after the race to get to know every one .(12.00 a plate )

Win lose or draw it will be a great race .

See Ya

Originally posted by bsharer
If Jr is driving that car 130 miles from Tulsa to Noble, its because he doesn't have a trailer! No other reason except that one.
:confused: What does this mean ?Why would I need a trailer?
I could get a trailer , is this some sort of rag I dont understand.
Is your fairmont trailered or driven ? I think you were from Texas ,but dont worry I wont hold that againts you

Your pimp was saying you were gonna drive your car from Tulsa to the race. So what? Like thats something to be proud of.

Like I said, if you had a trailer, you would trailer your car. You know its retared to drive all the way there and drain your pump gas and put in your race gas, unload the trunk will all the crap you bring to the track, change tires, etc...

Is your fairmont trailered or driven ? I think you were from Texas ,but dont worry I wont hold that againts you

I drive it and I trailer it. Its tagged, inspected, insured, registered, and I race on the tires I drive on...

It will be on a trailer when I bring it up to this race.

Originally posted by Andrew91GT
I'm ready to tie a chain to Jr's bumper and drag his ass down the track!

There is a limit on how many times you can mention "ass" in one thread . to quote the rules of the TBB:I QUOTE
"ANY USER OR USER'S WHO EITHER ON THERE OWN OR BY INDIRECT POST, TYPES THE WORD "ASS" MORE THAN 10 TIMES SHALL BE CONSIDERED "HOMOSEXUAL" FROM THIS TIME AND ALL POINTS FORWARD " QUOTE

Nah, he's not ragging on you. He's only pointing out that if something were to happen, it's a long way home to get a trailer to take the car back.

For example, when we line up and I drag that turd you call a buick so badly that you wonder if your turbo is making boost, you won't be able to see because of all the tears spilling down your face, making you unable to drive. You'd want a trailer then so you could get a buddy to haul your car home, right? Do you trust someone else to drive it?