You can type here any text you want

OK Here is the problem......................

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RACEBUICKS

Not sure if this is the right place BUT!

WE have a 7.5 posi from a 89 Trans AM I took it out and it was installed into an 82 Regal. No problem right?? Wrong! The splines are smaller on the regal axles than the TA axles. Everything else was correct. Does anyone know what spline size the TA axle is?? AND can the axles from the TA go into the Regal housing?? OR what do I need to buy?? HELP!!!

I know the measurements for the axle from the regal so we can compare notes if you have an 89 axle from a TA.

Thanks

RACEBUICKS said:
Not sure if this is the right place BUT!

WE have a 7.5 posi from a 89 Trans AM I took it out and it was installed into an 82 Regal. No problem right?? Wrong! The splines are smaller on the regal axles than the TA axles. Everything else was correct. Does anyone know what spline size the TA axle is?? AND can the axles from the TA go into the Regal housing?? OR what do I need to buy?? HELP!!!

I know the measurements for the axle from the regal so we can compare notes if you have an 89 axle from a TA.

Thanks

Well the TTA has the Aussie 9 bolt which I believe is different than the 7.5 posi. Best place for info would be www.thirdgen.org As far as axles go I kind of doubt you'll be able to swap them because if it's a different rear end there is just so many things that could be different (# of splines, shaft dia., length).

Totally different rear. One is a c-clip 7.5" ring gear rear. The other is 7.75" bolt in axle cone differential.

Better off going to a bone yard if ou just need a diff.

Back