OK Painters, How Do I Get Stain Out Of Concrete???

strikeeagle

In keeping with the theme, you pro painters, I have a cedar house that gets stained using an oil based, semi transparent stain every so often.

Some of that stain gets on the concrete foundation - looks like hell. How do it get it off? Remember, it's old stuff.

I'm lazy, so I'm looking for something to spray or brush on (that won't kill the dog or the kids).

Thanks.

Yup, muratic acid is where it's at... but watch out - it's some burly stuff! Kills plants and skin pretty well:eek:

Another vote for muratic acid but....if you want something less harsh go to your local marine store ( boats ) and buy a boat bottom cleaner called Slimy Grimy. . It's not as strong as the acids but it's much less harmful to grass and pets

muratic acid

Don/t know if it will lift the stain, but if used to strong it will lift the top of concrete.

If the muriatic doesn't work, try some xylene, it'll break down most any paint. You may have to flood it good... Have LOTS of old rags handy. Follow up by grinding in a little oil absorber with a broom, sweep it up after a couple of days...

if THAT doesn't work--paint the concrete!
;)

What about media blasting it off? A small compressor and a recycling blasting gun should work nice too, and wont kill your plants.

Dont know if it is feasible or not, just a thought

muriatic acid will etch the concrete, don't use it too strong.
how about paint remover?