ok please tell me...i am tired of searching...

mitchell.cox1

The "Z"
What headers can I get for a 87 gn that will FIT and bolt right up? I need a whole system bolts, crossover tube, r/h side, l/h side and everything that I would need to replace my old crap....its all rusted, cracked, dented and I just don't like the look...lol I want to spruce it up and make it look good and run good. Of course I know headers really won't make a noticeable impact on performance, I am not racing the thing just need something that will stand everyday abuse from a loving buick owner...any ad:tongue:vice greatly appreciated and when I get new ones my old ones go up to the first person that wants them or needs them, and has anyone seen the header system from 2kracing.com check them out and tell me what you think...and if you have got a set then tell me how they fit your gn or whatever 3.8l turbo you have it installed in..just frustrated...thanks

The best headers are made by TA performance. They have both mild steel and stainless steel.

OK

The TA Performance headers are the shiznit.

Trus me they seem to fit right and work right.

The ones that you see from ebay and 2kracing are the cheap chinese repops.
They do not fit correctly, the crossover fits terrible and when installed the set I tested seems to have the turbo too close to the IAC and you can not get hoses over the compressor bell. They do not come with the proper length bolts and the gaskets are not that great either. Due to the improper position of the turbo the downpipe will not fit correctly.

Oh those chinese DP's are not any better. Dont get me started on one of those pieces of garbage.

These statments come from personal experience and still have the customers car.

The TA headers are no doubt the best out there. But be aware you may have to clearance the Fuel return line on the PS frame or it will rub. And I had some problems with the starter (a rebuilt model) but I wanted a mini starter anyway

ok.

yeah the best out there but 1250 dollers for the 750 doller mild steel header and the down pipe cause it won't fit stock...maybe a little pricey but you get what you pay for I suppose...thanks for all the help

there's still hope for ya... these are T/A's latest. Economy versions....

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ad...-stock-replacement-usa-headers-stainless.html

Those new TA economy versions appear to be the ticket! Question is.... can you get 'em?? The latest post from Mike at TA indicates they are done... wonder what the availability is..... If I considered replacing my stockers, those would be the ones I bought, for sure...

Get those CRAP ebay headers off your mind!!! They look pretty in pictures, but they are crap, thin, low quality stainless, with crap welds, slag inside, bolt holes that dont line up, crap, unusable clamps, dont fit, crossover leaks, wrong angles of flanges....etc etc etc..... like you said, you get what you pay for.... those you reference are triple priced $100 headers, that DONT WORK!!! I'll not chime in on this subject again...

I saw that ta performance has a custom almost "stock" header so I will find out how much and when they are available and install them once they come in and tell you all how it went...might have to wait a month..lol

well....

I went the cheapest and ordered the stock replacement from cottonsperformance.com. so I eill do the swap between getting a set fixed and swapping out till the other set is crap...I thank you guys for all of the info...a set of headers for a reasonable price would set the stmdard but close to a thousand is a little too much for me since I still have a paint job for the "Christina"