OK, what plugs to run now??

Bens87tr

Former Owner, 87T
I'm nearing the finish of my PAC install and was wondering what plugs you guys are running with Methanol. With my SMC kit I was using NGK UR5's with boost in the 23# area. I plan on turning the wick up a little to 25 or so #s so I can run consitent high 11's. Should run different plugs with the high boost? The NGK's have seemed to be better than the AC Delcos I used to run.

Plugs are way over rated :)

Ac's or NGK's.. just gap'em down to .030-.032

Stock heat range or one step colder..just like you norally drive on.

;)

Yeah, use what you run in da Eclipse. :cool:

He don't normally drive the Buick. :p

Darn lightweight showcar that it is. ;)

Your ricer plugs should work fine if gapped down a bit. :)

Probably won't be going to ETown, gonna do the second Ferd track renatal in October I think at LVD.

Air should be nice and cool anyway, certainly won't be any faster than Etown, just more comfortable in the car for racing. :cool:

Plus it's gonna be a whole day event.

I haven't tried the autolites yet. What heat range are those and were you running methanol?

Not sure of heat range. Yes, I run straight Methynol. The plugs seem to be working, just need to get some drag radials to get car to hook up.

Originally posted by Razor
Plugs are way over rated :)

Ac's or NGK's.. just gap'em down to .030-.032

Stock heat range or one step colder..just like you norally drive on.

;)

I dont know about that. Plugs make a difference. Run an ac, ngk, then a bosch \, and you will notice a big difference. Well maby skip the bosch, they are pices of $h!t.

Was kidding :)

yes.. no platinums anything..

Old mechanics saying.." I've repaired more carburators by replacing plugs than replacing carburators" .. same holds true..new set of 10.00 dollar plugs works wonders sometimes..especially on cars run to the edge...

I cant belive with all of the horor stories on those platinums, that bosch is still able to sell those. I mean paying what 5-10 bucks a plug is rediculous.

No Platinums?

In what way are the platinums worse? Does it contribute to knock or ...???

Thanks for any info on this subject. Just trying to learn from other people's experience.

:confused:

They are ****ty plugs and the charge 8 times more than they are worth because all tha importers will buy them. DO NOT BUY!!!

Re: No Platinums?

Originally posted by GN owner
In what way are the platinums worse? Does it contribute to knock or ...???

Thanks for any info on this subject. Just trying to learn from other people's experience.

:confused:

Problem is the small electrode. Our ignition systems are questionable but work.. hence why we gap normal plugs down to make sure they fire. With a small electrode(platinum) it poses a greater chance for a mis-fire. Mis-fire at 26 PSI..it can get ugly really fast.