You can type here any text you want

old kill, (built Monte SS) but kinda funny the way things turned out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
this is kinda an old story, but its worth a post.. this happened about 2 months ago.. but i pulled out of i think star bucks to see a nice blue monte carlo SS w/ ghost flames sitting at the signal light up ahead.. no ones next to him, i pull up on his right side..... he sounds pretty healthy... i had my exhaust dump open... so he knew i was there ;)

anyways.. light goes green i take off, but he does nothing :(
so i let off of it.. he gets next to me a little past the intersection gets nose to nose with me and he romps on it.. alright, he does want to play after all, i stomp it.. he starts to pull on me an tiny bit.. but the no more lag, and hello boost, bye bye monte carlo.. never saw the guy again... figured that it was over, he got caught at the next night or something

so i naturally figured job well done, never will i see him again... but today i went to GM to get a speedogear for my car, and i go to the parts counter and i was like, 'i need the driven speedo gear for a '87 Buick Grand National. the guy gave me kinda a frown, looked as if he was in a deep thought, punched some numbers in the computer then looked at me.. and was like 'you have a GN?' yeah... 'i think i have seen you driving before... have you ever run a blue monte carlo SS with ghost flames??' i think soo... turns out it was him that i ran.... i was talking with him for like 30 minutes.. found out the car is making 320rwhp...

i just thought it was kinda odd how i met up with a guy sevral months after i raced him... small world... never got the part though..

-Neil

HUMMM 320rwhp on a monte carlo huh..how money would that cost? don't they run on 305 5.0 v8s?

YUP. I dont know why people always think that the monte ss was the fastest G body. I always get "my buddys monte ss will whoop your buick". Then all my buddies back me up. If you have never ridden in/ raced a GN you just dont know.

Nick

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
this is kinda an old story, but its worth a post.. this happened about 2 months ago.. but i pulled out of i think star bucks to see a nice blue monte carlo SS w/ ghost flames sitting at the signal light up ahead.. no ones next to him, i pull up on his right side..... he sounds pretty healthy... i had my exhaust dump open... so he knew i was there ;)

anyways.. light goes green i take off, but he does nothing :(
so i let off of it.. he gets next to me a little past the intersection gets nose to nose with me and he romps on it.. alright, he does want to play after all, i stomp it.. he starts to pull on me an tiny bit.. but the no more lag, and hello boost, bye bye monte carlo.. never saw the guy again... figured that it was over, he got caught at the next night or something

so i naturally figured job well done, never will i see him again... but today i went to GM to get a speedogear for my car, and i go to the parts counter and i was like, 'i need the driven speedo gear for a '87 Buick Grand National. the guy gave me kinda a frown, looked as if he was in a deep thought, punched some numbers in the computer then looked at me.. and was like 'you have a GN?' yeah... 'i think i have seen you driving before... have you ever run a blue monte carlo SS with ghost flames??' i think soo... turns out it was him that i ran.... i was talking with him for like 30 minutes.. found out the car is making 320rwhp...

i just thought it was kinda odd how i met up with a guy sevral months after i raced him... small world... never got the part though..

-Neil

good kill, sounds like the guy was sore about his loss. :D
Charles

HUMMM 320rwhp on a monte carlo huh..how money would that cost? don't they run on 305 5.0 v8s?

Really not that much. They come stock with a 305, but when you are talking real performance I dont think anyone races a car thats kept stock ;). Stock they are slow but theres a good portion that arent exactly stock, but people think they must all have a 305 in them yet. SBC's(yes the evil 350) are cheap/easy to build up so its not like making a 320 hp Honda :D.

Good kill :) .

Back