You can type here any text you want

Old School Fosgate Amp for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IowaGN

Hey all,

I've got an old school Rockford Fosgate amp for sale. It is a 1992 Power 1000 MOSFET in a chrome case. I've had it for a couple years and have decided to part with it. It works like a champ and will seriously put the hurtin on any of the new amps. This thins was made back when Rockford made "REAL" amps. Any of the older guys that know of these amps know what I'm talking about. I'm asking $1000 for it, buyer pays shipping. I have pics available if you want to see it in all its shiny beauty. Email me if you are interested!

trav

Originally posted by IowaGN
Any of the older guys that know of these amps know what I'm talking about.

Hey!!! I am one of those older guys :D . I paid $2500.00 for my Power 1000 in '91 and I am here to tell ya that this is one serious amplifier and you better have some batteries with alot of capacity. I still wished that they made those "Monsters" still. Good luck with your sale tray and welcome to TB.com :)

Audiowizard, didn't that amp put out 125 X4 @4 ohms and 250 X 4 @2 ohms? Back then Rockford's power rattings were always very under rated.

Originally posted by GNandTTA
Audiowizard, didn't that amp put out 125 X4 @4 ohms and 250 X 4 @2 ohms? Back then Rockford's power rattings were always very under rated.

These were actually a true 1000 watts rated at 4 ohms in 2 channel bridged. Here is a pic of the chromed beast, its the one on the right.

Attachments

• rf 1000.jpg
    rf 1000.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 163
VERY NICE!! I forgot about the built in fan. I notice you have a OEQ2 on the bottom. Did you do the mod to raise the output voltage on it. Sad to say, but the OEQ2 only has a 500mv output from the factory. By cutting a few resistors and changing a few caps it can be rasied to a more suitable 2v. Still low by todays standards but the OEQ2 is a kick ass component otherwise.

I found that pic on the internet! I dont have the original pics of mine , sorry for the confusion GNandTTA :o . In my SPL blazer, I had the OEQ-1 and PA-1 and Audiocontrol Epicenter.

Power 1000

Nice amp man, I've got one. I bought the last one known to be in exsistence, they had to get it from the plant in Arizona. The local rep for Fosgate went and picked the amp up himself, he was going to get Wayne Harris to autograph it but he thought I would get mad for the ink on the amp. I was pi**ed when he told me he didn't get it signed. Oh well. I've had my amp running 4 PWR 10's in a 88 Z-24, it was bridged between the four subs. The car rocked. Now I want to put it in my Ttype. I wish I had the money because I would buy that amp. That would be to cool, 2 power 1000's in one car. Would have to get new vanity plates "PWR2NV". Damn I wish I had the money.
Good luck with your sale.

Back